GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

design idea open for discussion

Go down 
+3
IMPALADAKID
lornejay1
buickestate
7 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

design idea open for discussion Empty
PostSubject: design idea open for discussion   design idea open for discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 1:29 pm

as you ISSF people know I'm doing a mild custom out of my 93 RMW. It is my take on how Buick should have made the RMW.

I'm thinking of a door handle mod....

I got these

design idea open for discussion DSC00337

but in 93 buick were putting these on their FWD buicks, I sorta kinda like these since they are round and would fit the period and look of my 93

design idea open for discussion DSC00364

design idea open for discussion DSC00365

Buick and cadillac used this style in the late 80's

design idea open for discussion DSC00366

design idea open for discussion DSC00369

So do you guys think chaning the door handles would be a nice buickish touch or just a waste of time?
and what style of door handle do you prefer and why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: design idea open for discussion   design idea open for discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 3:33 pm

I personally like the round ones, but the square ones would fit on the car too. It is a toss up.
I will play with some photoshop stuff and see.
I would get as much of the inner parts from the handles too. Bell cranks, rods, and what ever else is involved. Can't hurt to have extra stuff left over.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: design idea open for discussion   design idea open for discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:07 pm

How bout new old like my burban. The Caddy ones like my hearse will stand out and I would think collect moisture around the wood,then blister.

Otherwise I love chrome and lots of it.

design idea open for discussion IMG_0809
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: design idea open for discussion   design idea open for discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:59 pm

I am liking the gmt800 door handles too. Those trucks should be plentifull at junk yards as they are now 10 years old and newer. And you can get the chrome ones on ebay all day long
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: design idea open for discussion   design idea open for discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:10 pm

I agree that the more round ones would fit the lines of the wagon better. However, the truck handles would be a cool touch too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: design idea open for discussion   design idea open for discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:26 pm

Shaguar Baby! As seen on Foose's 69 Camaro. **click on pic for larger view**

design idea open for discussion 437620368mBeHcj_th
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: design idea open for discussion   design idea open for discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:11 pm

I've always liked the ones from the 92ish C/H Bodies, but I do like how the buckets on the stock ones can be painted body color and blend in.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: design idea open for discussion   design idea open for discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:24 pm

round ones match the bubbly look, but the square ones would set off those mirrors nicely. that and the square ones have chrome push buttons too.

I vote square to match the nose!!
I like the caddy's door handles from early 70s too afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: design idea open for discussion   design idea open for discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

design idea open for discussion
Page 1 of 1