GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Repairing door panels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
harrisons13

harrisons13

Repairing door panels Empty
PostSubject: Repairing door panels   Repairing door panels Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 8:13 pm

I found a set of door panels but I was wondering if there was a way to repair the broken holders that hold the Christmas tree clips on my curent ones. I thought I could save a little money. They are in decent shape but they don't clip on well. I have to rest my arm against them to keep them from rattling sometimes. I feel this can be avoided...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Repairing door panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repairing door panels   Repairing door panels Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 9:12 pm

I make a paste of MEK and lower door panel scraps. I put some on the end of the post for the metal clip, then push the clip into place. Next I put more on top of the metal clip, and weight it down to keep it in place until the MEK paste hardens, usually overnight.
Back to top Go down

Repairing door panels
Page 1 of 1