GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Garrett Crozier

Garrett Crozier

Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville? Empty
PostSubject: Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville?   Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 3:28 pm

With a car this old, I imagine most of you have gone to a U-pull yard at some time to get your whale back on the road.

I am going from Toledo (hometown) to Knoxville in a few weeks and wondered if anyone knows of any wagons in a yard with clean sheet metal I could hack out. Looking for inner fenders, passenger fender, rear quarters ect. My 95 RMW (blue w/wood grain) has cancer bad (being a northern car its whole life), and could use a donor. I have alot of time into installing new/upgraded parts into this car so it would take a fair bit of time to transfer everything to a new shell. I figure it may be easier to weld/bolt in some panels and call it a day. Let me know if you have seen one.

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville?   Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 9:14 pm

The cost of what you are describing is going to somewhat expensive, to the point that it may cost less to get a Florida, California, Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona car to replace you car. If the interior of your car is nice, you could just install it in anothelr car, and make one nice car.

It is going to take hours to cut the quarter sheet metal off of a donor, and longer to attach it to your car. The part is less costly than the installation, and paint. The fenders and wheelhouses are not all that expensive, but finding GOOD ones is more the problem. I sell parts, and can get them, but you are looking at $450 plus shipping, if I remove them. The shipping is in the neighborhood of $300+.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville?   Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 10:29 pm

When I lived in Kentucky most of the b bodies were in the yards were in bad shape. Seeing a wagon was a rare sight.

There are currently quite a few rust free wagons for sale here in Florida. Buick wagon sitting on a small lot a couple miles from my house. Really need to ask about it cause it has been sitting there for years.
Back to top Go down
Garrett Crozier

Garrett Crozier

PostSubject: Re: Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville?   Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 7:39 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I would like to buy a southern car, but the logistics of doing such is a hassle. I also find going 'yarding' pretty fun.

Trying to initiate conversations with some complete wagons in florida but not getting very far. I will keep looking.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville?   Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 9:07 am

Having moved from the north to the south and seeing the huge contrast, deal with the hassle and buy a southern car. You'll be so glad you did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville?   Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any junkyard wagons in south kentucky/knoxville?
Page 1 of 1