GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1996 RMW custom paint with upgrades + ton of parts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sinij kot

1996 RMW custom paint with upgrades + ton of parts  Empty
PostSubject: 1996 RMW custom paint with upgrades + ton of parts    1996 RMW custom paint with upgrades + ton of parts  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 11:54 am

Hello gents!  it's been a long while since I popped up here.  I've busy between growing my CNC machining business and the family.
I have bunch of b-body stuff that I know I'm not getting back into so I need to clean out and make space.

First thing is the 96 RMW. $5500
This car has been painted back in 2011 and never driven in snow after that or driven much for that matter.  It has been sitting outside under the cover since 2014 when the brake line popped.  It needs a new good home.Some history.  The car was purchased somewhere around 2008 time frame and was a long ongoing project.  The goal was to go through the whole thing and restore it while doing few alterations to improve appearance.   It started off as a Black estate wagon with 190k on it.  The car was fully stripped of all the parts and trim for paint.  We deleted wheel well trim and body trim for a clean look.  Doors and hinges were removed for proper finishing of individual pieces.  Front donor wheel-wells were sandblasted and repainted with sealer primer.  There were few typical rust spots in the quarters and in the front driver floor.  These were repaired with new sheetmetal and resealed with non hardening undercoating.  The whole under body was wire-wheeled and undercoating reapplied.  Roof rack was fully removed for paint and reinstalled with few new rivnuts and stainless hardware with sealant to prevent any leaks.  All the trim and rack pieces were painted separately.
1996 RMW custom paint with upgrades + ton of parts  DSC_0080

1996 RMW custom paint with upgrades + ton of parts  Dsc_0010

Pictures of the body work can be found Here
Pictures of the original car are here

Front smoothie bumper
Front grill (forget the name of it but it has a deeper profile)
New black carpet
Fatmat/Extreme dynomat everywhere (floor, roof, back quarters, doors) with additional underlayment material in the rear quarters
18" C5 Corvette black powdercoated wheels with General tires
2.5" catback Pypes X-pipe exhaust with Hooker mufflers and behind the wheel tips
Steering wheel leather skin black/burgundy
Covercraft Noah Car Cover

Some of the repair done:
Water pump / coolant flush
Iintake manifold gaskets.  Manifold port match
Valve cover gaskets
Air pump delete, exhaust manifold plugs 3/4--16
Tuneup: NGK TR55 plugs, Taylor spark plug wires
Mechanical fan delete/ electric fan install
Oil filter adaptor gasket"HomeDepot" air intake pipe
Air box Swiss cheese
Serpentine belt
Fuel filter
HVAC blower fantail gate release / window release
Third brake light, assembly, connector
Monroe severe duty Rear shocks
Brakes, rotors/pads/hardware kits (have to revisit since the car has been sitting for a while)
Front end heavy duty steering system components. Alignment
Sway bar links
OBD1 plug wire up OBD1 PCM (original OBD2 included)
Exhaust manifolds (broken bolts extracted and repaired on both sides)
Rear window shocks
Rear window weather-seal
AC compressor pulley bearing
Rear end service
Working power antenna

SPID label decoded: Here

Countless hours went into the restoration process.  I'm sure there are few other details that I missed.  As mentioned above, the car needs a new break line.  I would rather not deal with it due to lack of time.  I have a trailer that potentially could be used to deliver this car depending on the terms of the deal.

I will be making a separate post for my old race car.  It has a full racing setup drive-train but the body is no good.  At some point I wanted to take the drive-train from it and transfer it to the wagon.  This setup with heavy body went 12.9 sec in 1/4 mile.  There is also all black interior with 6 way bonnie seats from this car.  I would love to move all of this stuff as a package.

Some of the highlights:
355 rebuilt motor
30lb injectors
847 cam with all crane components
Grey metalic powdercoated accessories
Powdercoated RAISS cold air intake matched to the cowl hood profile
Sunocast fiberglass cowl hood
52mm throttle bodylarger MAF sensorOBD1 tune.  LM wide band O2 sensor in the X pipe that I was loging through Datamaster and AC pressure sensor.
Break line lock
Dynomax headers2.5" dynomax catback with X-pipe, Dynomax mufflers
Edge torque converter
Stage 2 transgo shift kit
Inland empire AL drive shaft
3.73 rear end 9C1
Tubular control arms
Herb Adams rear sway bar
Front F-body gen2 sway bar
Rear spring air bags
Rear lowering springs (st technologies if I remember correctly) 5/8 ball joint spindles
Heavy-duty front end components
White/black painted dash surround
Black dashtop cover
Z28 cluster /wiring
Clear corner markers
front license bracket
Black impala replacement grill

2 MT ET tires mounted on 15x8 steel rims.  Still bunch of life left in them but they have been sitting for few years.

These are my old parts for sale threads.  Bunch of the parts are still available.  Time to let it all go, make me an offer
thread 1
thread 2
Back to top Go down
sinij kot

1996 RMW custom paint with upgrades + ton of parts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1996 RMW custom paint with upgrades + ton of parts    1996 RMW custom paint with upgrades + ton of parts  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 11:20 am

Lower the price to $4500 OBO.
Back to top Go down

1996 RMW custom paint with upgrades + ton of parts
Page 1 of 1