GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

paint match on interior parts (94 RMW)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oscar73

paint match on interior parts (94 RMW) Empty
PostSubject: paint match on interior parts (94 RMW)   paint match on interior parts (94 RMW) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 6:25 pm

Looking at the SEM color chart, it appears that the SEM colors have two approx matches for the tan interior, Light Buckskin or Palamino. My steering wheel definitely needs painting, both plastic and leather, along with door panels and various screws and fasteners.

What did you use?

Thanks, Jim Sorenson
Seattle, WA
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

paint match on interior parts (94 RMW) Empty
PostSubject: Re: paint match on interior parts (94 RMW)   paint match on interior parts (94 RMW) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 7:06 pm

Jim

I have a 94 Caprice Wagon same color scheme as your RMW. Actually, SEM lists on their sight 3 colors of beige: light beige, medium beige and dark beige. After ordering those 3 colors, I realized there are 4 colors. I sent the piece to SEM HQ and they matched it perfectly. When you order any of these custom mixes it's expensive. I believe around $28 plus shipping for a can of spray paint.

An alternative is to buy a can of Saddle Tan, which is a standard SEM color, @$16 plus shipping you can buy it on Amazon or ebay. That color is close enough for isolated spots, such as the steering wheel or console, but you have to be careful if your trying to match.

Tom
Back to top Go down

paint match on interior parts (94 RMW)
Page 1 of 1