GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BILSTEIN SHOCKS

Go down 
+6
200OZ
cadillac kevin
jasonlachapelle
81X11
Andebe
Capala
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Capala

Capala

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 9:24 pm

I am going to buy shocks and want to make sure I am ordering right part numbers for my 1994 Caprice wagon with Impala SS front springs and Belltech rear?
Front Bilstein 24-011044
Rear Bilstein 24-009294
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 9:52 am

Go to Rock Auto...There is even a discount code on here somewhere.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 10:04 am

If you want to save a bit, I've run the KYB Gas-A-Justs on all my wagons on love them.   Much better ride, stable, no bob or wallow, and great prices! Rock Auto is where I've ordered mine too.

The Truckster likes this post

Back to top Go down
Capala

Capala

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 12:11 pm

Texas Mike thanks for the reply. How well do the shocks hold up to daily driving? I want a shock that will continue to perform for several years later.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 3:04 pm

I can second the KYB's. Currently running a set for five years with no issues.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 3:52 pm

Capala wrote:
Texas Mike thanks for the reply. How well do the shocks hold up to daily driving? I want a shock that will continue to perform for several years later.

I've had the KYB's on my 96 Roady since 2011, Still great! Just make sure you get the Gas-A-Just and not the GR2 shocks.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 6:40 pm

those are the right bilsteins.

I really liked the adjustable Konis as well. There was a guy selling a set on ISSF recently.
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 10:22 pm

I agree with the kyb gasajust. I have run them on a few vehicles and love them.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 7:47 am

I've never had the KYB's so I have no opinion on them, I love the Bilsteins, and the best place to buy them is shox.com
Back to top Go down
Capala

Capala

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 1:21 pm

I finally decided on the Bilsteins for the fact of longevity, quality and reputation. I don't want to replace shocks every couple of years. I'm glad I did because the ride is so much better. The wagon doesn't feel harsh over bumps and really tighten the ride without losing comfort. I installed new Energy Suspension bump stops a couple of days after the shock install and noticed the ride was too stiff in the front. The car would rattle the dash. Just today I installed a set off Moog bump stops for the 94-6 Impala SS since the wagon has front Impala springs. The ride is much better over road imperfections and quited the interior rattles. I like this setup a lot and it is a great improvement over stock. Thanks for everyone's input.
Back to top Go down
monwell

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 1:59 am

I heard that Bilsteins are a bit stiff. Is this true?
Back to top Go down
r67northern

r67northern

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 2:09 pm

I’ve been running Bilsteins on the ‘93 and before that a ‘95 for a few years. They are firm, but not harsh (unlike some current small CUVs that try to be ‘sporty’ ... see my signature). I didn’t have the chance to compare them to the Impala SS shocks, but thought that in general they were about the same and probably a little stiffer. Controlled, firm, sometimes stiff over a BAD piece of road, still very good for cruising in my experience. I really like them.
Back to top Go down
Wishin

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 12:15 pm

I've had Bilsteins on my '96 Buick since 2006 and 140,000 miles later they still work great. They are firmer but not bad at all, my wife drives it more than me, always has, and she was always fine with them.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 3:30 pm

I can't speak to the KYB gasadjust on these cars but I did try the Monroe Severe Service shocks and they made sure you felt every bump you hit.

I tried the Bilstein 1104/0929 combo on a B-body and liked them so much I bought them for all of my B-bodies (sedan and wagon).  Very controlled without being harsh over bumps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BILSTEIN SHOCKS    BILSTEIN SHOCKS  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BILSTEIN SHOCKS
Page 1 of 1