GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon wanted

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Isurf

Isurf

Wagon wanted Empty
PostSubject: Wagon wanted   Wagon wanted Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 1:06 pm

Newbie here. I don't have a wagon yet but I'm looking for a daily driver, prefer the 96. I'm in NJ, at the shore. I'm not in a rush, but looking for the towing package, and reasonably low miles. Carfax has shot down every car I've looked at so far.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

Wagon wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon wanted   Wagon wanted Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Give a range of what you want to spend. Also, where are you located, and are you willing to fly and drive it home?
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

Wagon wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon wanted   Wagon wanted Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 7:40 pm

I'm at the Jersey shore. I am not able inclined to do the fly and drive. I would like to keep it under 7k.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Wagon wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon wanted   Wagon wanted Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Might also consider listing some preferences,help weed a few out. Welcome,and happy hunting. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

Wagon wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon wanted   Wagon wanted Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 12:51 pm

I would prefer the towing package with the posi. I'm not fond of the woodie look, but that's not a deal breaker. I'm looking for a daily driver, not a project. I definitely prefer the Roadmaster, and I'm looking for a 94-96 with the lt1 and lockup torque converter in the 4l60e trans.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Wagon wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon wanted   Wagon wanted Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 8:47 pm

Tim Swink has one of the Nicest Wagons on this forum and is for sale for $7k.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

Wagon wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon wanted   Wagon wanted Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Looks great, but not for me. I just want a basic lt1 l, 4l60e with the tow package, including the posi. It will eventually get taller tires for better snow clearance, and maybe taller front springs. It's going to be my daily driven car.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

Wagon wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon wanted   Wagon wanted Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 1:30 pm

If you are going to drive one of these sleds in the snow, I'd stick with stock wheels and a set of Winterforce or Blizzak 235/70/15 snow tires on front and rear.

Snow clearance is not the main issue you'll face unless you are going to drive on completely unplowed roads (and someplace with more snow than the Jersey Shore).

Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Wagon wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon wanted   Wagon wanted Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 8:57 am

dmg4 wrote:
If you are going to drive one of these sleds in the snow, I'd stick with stock wheels and a set of Winterforce or Blizzak 235/70/15 snow tires on front and rear.

Snow clearance is not the main issue you'll face unless you are going to drive on completely unplowed roads (and someplace with more snow than the Jersey Shore).

I agree with Dave. No point in going with taller tires or taller springs. DO invest in a PCM tune though, and make sure you have the tuner add 2nd gear start to the .bin. You'll need a tune anyway to adjust the speedo if you go with a taller tire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wagon wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagon wanted   Wagon wanted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon wanted
Page 1 of 1