GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(

Go down 
+3
phantom 309
MalibuSSwagon
Yonkerse
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Yonkerse

Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Empty
PostSubject: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 9:06 am

Hey GM LongRoofer's!

Let me quickly introduce myself as this is my first post. I am an avid member of several GM Forums of vehicles which I own or wish to own (CTS-V, SyTy, Camaro5, etc.). I have always turned to forums for the most knowledgeable and honest opinions/suggestions. I will also reply with advise where I can help., on various topics.

With that said, I recently acquired my Grandma's 1996 Buick RoadMaster Wagon which she bought brand new in 1996 from what is now Phillips Chevrolet in Frankfort, IL. The car is a beaut (a few pics are below) and only has 73,250 miles on the legendary LT1. The car was driven regularly (4-5000 miles yearly) the first 15 years of it's life but then my grandma's health started deteriorating. Over the past 7-8 years, the car would be driven 500-1000 miles a year but she continued to get the yearly oil change / full service because she was stubborn. (I'm working to acquire service records from the shop) Car was driven 2-3 times a week to get mail, groceries, hair salon, etc. Car never sat for any extensive amount of time.

The Car is fully loaded as I can tell, MINUS the tow package. I looked up a previous thread and checked the service codes within the rear tailgate. Car has tan interior with full power leather seats, power locks / mirrors, rear wiper, etc. You guys know all the options of these babies. VERY tiny rust starting around wheel wells which I also show below. Car runs, drives, and shifts great. Brakes feel brand new and there's no clunks / squeaks from the suspension in any way. I drove the car 150 miles from Chicago to southern Michigan over weekend and car never missed a beat. AC blows cold and car is a pleasure to drive!

The car has one minor bump / dent in the tailgate from when she was backed into. I can provide pictures. Other than that, few small scratches in the "wood" and maybe 1-2 dents on the rest of the car which I have noticed. Would rate the car as a 8.5/10 overall for interior and exterior.

I would really love to keep the car, but unfortunately her medical bills prior to her passing are quite high and we are hoping the car can cover some of these costs. Really breaks my heart. Don't have a place to keep the car inside long term either and would kill me to keep this gem outside as it is preserved for being 22 years old. This car deserves to be loved / enjoyed and that's why I came to the forum. Would love to see this car go to this "family" - you guys and the cars are awesome! I spend several hours cruising threads, pics, etc. before joining. Our families loss is your gain on this gem of a Wagon.

So if anyone could please provide help pricing this, I would greatly appreciate it. If anyone is interested in buying - please PM me and we can discuss. I can also provide more pics, details, etc.

Thanks!

Eric

I will post the pictures once I'm allowed to in a week. Same with PM's. Not sure how many posts I need for that but will work my way to that level! ha
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 11:17 am

Depends on condition, 95-96 wagons are highly desirable and thus seem to command the highest prices. 10k to 12k is uncommon. I'd cruise the ebay completed listings to get an idea for pricing and maybe consider listing on ebay? You'll get an international audience there
Back to top Go down
Yonkerse

PostSubject: Re: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Thanks for reply Eric!

I was planning to post pictures to the thread to show the condition. For being 22 years old, it is in way better condition than most 5 year old cars! Looking on Ebay is a good suggestion!

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 8:26 pm

what color is it?
Back to top Go down
Yonkerse

PostSubject: Re: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 10:01 pm

The car is white with the wood paneling. Tan leather interior which is in great shape. Carpets need a minor cleaning which I will be tackling this weekend.

I will get it cleaned up and post several pictures of it once I'm able to.
Back to top Go down
Yonkerse

PostSubject: Re: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 11:09 am

Here's come quick pics of the car. I am going to start cleaning it up and detailing early next week. Smile

Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( IMG_1545_zpsdtjgh6uk

Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( IMG_1546_zpsbejjv9sr

Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( IMG_1552_zpspb54lrcx

Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( IMG_1553_zpsz6uaidom
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 11:17 am

Very VERY pretty!
Back to top Go down
Yonkerse

PostSubject: Re: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 11:42 am

Have driven it about 300 miles in about 2 weeks and really enjoying the car! Rides and drives like a champ! I got the records from the service shop and car has averaged about 800 miles during the yearly oil changes the last 10-11 years.

The shop did note the oil pan and rear main seal are leaking. Going to get it on a lift and check it out a bit more.
Back to top Go down
sjb6741

sjb6741

PostSubject: Re: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Sweet Ride.

Hate to say I told you so (in 10-20 years), but many of us have sold wagons that we can only wish we could find again!!

Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 8:07 pm

Condolences re the loss of your Grandmother. The car appears to be a base Standard model (they are well appointed). Condition is everything. Your going to want to post pictures of the undercarriage. You mention where the car was purchased but I don’t see a reference to where it’s currently located. (That will help potential buyers). Clean low mileage examples are selling for decent money. Given the visable rust and issues you mention I would not expect to see 12K for that car. If your looking for a quick sale $3500 to $4500 be prepared to wait and detail the heck out of it for anything more. Good luck with the sale.
Back to top Go down
Yonkerse

PostSubject: Re: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Thanks for the replies and thoughts for the passing of Grandma. Tough times but better for all!

I am planning to run the car over to a friends and getting it in the air to check out the undercarriage. I am hoping to do this next week. Leaving town this weekend for g/f's bday!

The car is currently located in SouthWest Michigan - Kalamazoo to be exact.

You guys rock! Thanks for everything!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Looks good up top. Being in Michigan though, what it looks like underneath is the important part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(   Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inherited Grandma's 1996 RMW - has to go unfortunately :(
Page 1 of 1