GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bowmanator89

Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!!   Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi everyone!  My name is Dan.  I currently live in Charlotte N.C.  I'm originally from Iowa.  Joined the Army at 18 and was medically retired from the Army in 2016.  After moving around a bit my wife got a job here in Charlotte so we're buying a house, actually closing on it this month!  

Now what lead me to buying this beautiful boat of a car!  I have always been a wagon lover, while also being a ford lover.  I currently have a 91 Taurus Wagon with a SHO motor and manual trans swap.  I was in the market for another Taurus with nice interior to swap into my wagon, but with no luck finding a good donor car I decided i would just buy a different car and use mine as a track toy.  It never crossed my mind to sway away from a Ford until this past weekend when Charlotte had their big car show/ swap meet.  There I meet some awesome people in a local club for B body cars.  among them was a caprice wagon with an LT1 that was for sale.  His car was out of my price range so when i got home i started to look around craigslist for one i could afford.  It seemed like all of them were double what he was asking(which turns out to be a very fair price).  That is when I found this Roadmaster about 3 hours away from me in S.C.  I called the owner right after i found it and set up for my wife and myself to go down and look/get it first thing the next morning.  When we got there and saw the car in person it stood out to a nice looking car with a few things needing attention.  Overall I am very very happy with the car and cant wait to get to working on making it unique and mine.

As for the car!  Its in overall good shape with 174,xxx miles.  It's a collectors addition that seems to be loaded.
It has heated seats, leather and towing package.  Needs a few cosmetics like passenger side mirror and driver side housing seems to be sprung but it still has the mirror.  Then the rear glass is missing the handle and latch assembly.  It looks like someone tried to break into it because there is a dent on the tailgate right below the window.  Then there is a dent on the passenger side that looks like it didn't crease the paint so that should pop out easy.

My goals for the car!  I want to make it a fun family cruiser.  I've been reading over the forum for best use of my money to mod it up.  I will most likely be starting with the parts that break when power is added to try and keep any breakdowns and surprises away when I do give it more power.

Sorry for the long rant and first post, I'm just excited to get this thing up and blowing the doors off some unsuspecting cars.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!!   Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 12:15 pm

Welcome to forum, sounds like you will fit right in. We love pictures, so post them when you can.
Back to top Go down
bowmanator89

PostSubject: Re: Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!!   Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!! A70de710Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!! F1614a10
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!!   Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 7:43 pm

nice looking wagon! Smile
Back to top Go down
bowmanator89

PostSubject: Re: Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!!   Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 8:54 am

Thank you! I will get some shots of the interior. Its in overall good shape but i will be needing trim parts to get it into great shape.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!!   Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 1:00 pm

Welcome and that is a nice looking wagon! Sounds like it found the right new owner as well. It's awesome to see these get another shot at life again!

Good Luck and again Welcome!

-Texas Mike
Back to top Go down
bowmanator89

PostSubject: Re: Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!!   Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Had to do a few repairs along the way, I.e. completly new front bakes, wiper motor and rollers for the drivers side windows. But i finally got to doing fun stuff to my wagon.

Just got my sound system I put in my 2015 50th any mustang put in in my wagon. Did a post in the audio section but just thought id keep adding to this post along the way for my progress.

Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!! 06071915
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!!   Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just bought a 1996 RMW!!!!
Page 1 of 1