GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

She's alive... and more updates as they come.

Go down 
+4
Fred Kiehl
81X11
ollie17
RedandBlack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

She's alive... and more updates as they come. Empty
PostSubject: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 11:36 pm

You probably already all know who this is. Worst kept secret ever.

Today, after almost 4 long years, the wagon moved under its own power with no issues for the first time. It's not registered or insured yet, so all I did was go around the neighborhood twice, fill it with gas, and air up the tires.

But it's alive.

Suppose I can start a new project thread here. Maybe update some of the old stuff. Who knows?

Anyway, here's today's shenanigans:

She's alive... and more updates as they come. 38897681_10217529375492890_7851457928010661888_o

Back to top Go down
ollie17

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 3:35 am

Awesome! Can't wait to see more.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 9:45 am

More to come for sure.

Yesterday I cleaned out the interior (lots of parts have been stored in the car for awhile now)... I got the power windows working (3 of 4 work - driver's rear inop for some reason.

I also got the power mirrors hooked up and working for the first time since I swapped them on. I converted the car to the bigger 1995-96 mirrors (car is a '92) by swapping the doors. There's another extra plug on the door harness that I can't see what it goes to. Little bit of tinkering to do there.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 11:50 am

Always fun to see them come back to life again!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 11:04 pm

You should have painted the spare well black.

Show us a picture of the wayward connector.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 11:12 pm

It was/is - just filthy. Car needs a bath like no tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 5:02 pm

I love the way the car sits on the springs and spindles.

She's alive... and more updates as they come. 39253424_10217570616923900_6728552781604454400_o
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Drove it to work today!

Man, I need AC as soon as possible.

She's alive... and more updates as they come. 39403754_10217577355972372_1059617587823902720_o
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 9:21 am

Its cool how just a little black paint made that spare tire well disappear. Poof! Happy cruising. Cool
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 9:24 am

Yeah it definitely makes a big difference. I lifted the car up and did the underside of the well, too.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Flat black will do the job best.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 7:47 pm

If you look at the last pic, I shot it with satin black epoxy primer.

Car has an appointment with the dyno on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 6:06 pm

This one is totally my bad. Rear lower shock bolt wasn't tight enough and lost it driving. RIP

She's alive... and more updates as they come. 39568108_10217598751227240_4599900001101938688_o

Ordered a pair of new ones. On the bright side - check out my rear discs. Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 8:20 am

Woo!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Fixed the power steering leak. Ordered the wrong AN fitting for the Camaro pump on the pressure hose. Now all is well and I can actually make use of the 2.5 turn steering box.

Woohoo!

Shocks will be here Thursday.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Havent touched the wagon in awhile. Been too busy with work and wedding preparation, but this month I decided to work on it a bit more. Pretty happy with it... tuner says it needs more fuel. Makes decent power, but I will leave it for now.

Back to top Go down
bigredwagon

bigredwagon

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 11:46 pm

So what did it put down? What drivetrain are you running?
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 11:55 pm

356 RWHP on this first trip. It's an LS1 with a mild cam and a T56. Fuel pump upgrade coming soon and the tuner says it should be able to make more. I bought all the fittings and line to upgrade the stock plastic lines to -6an.

Sounds pretty nice in car, too.

Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 10:34 am

NICE!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bigredwagon

bigredwagon

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 8:58 am

Solid number to the ground. I think that is more than what those engines put out stock at the flywheel.
Sounds pretty angry in car you mean, wink wink nudge nudge Wink
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 9:35 am

Tuner says there's more in it, so I'll get the fuel pump swapped soon and see.

Stock FWHP for an '04 GTO is 350. Forums say guys who have dyno tested stock ones have been in the 295-305 RWHP range (results back from 2005-06 when these cars were fairly new). So I picked up 50hp with a cam swap. Can't complain.
Back to top Go down
monwell

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2018 2:05 am

Nice car indeed. The roaring sound is very pleasing.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2018 10:03 am

Thanks. I haven't touched it in awhile - been busy doing wedding prep and buying guns. LOL

I'm glad it's functional, though. Been working on it forever.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 10:14 am

Well, I've been letting the wagon sit for about 6 months. Last time I drove it, the alternator pigtail broke and the car stalled/died in the street. I was pretty pissed at it - bashed the already-messed up fender and put it away.

Well last night my buddy Tim came over and we cleaned up the garage a bit and pushed it outside for the first time since then. The battery was completely dead, so I got a tender for it last night too.

Going to wash it this afternoon and get messing with it.

From memory, the short list (lol...) is:

- hook up brake light switch
- replace alternator pigtail
- better rear alignment - it's not centered and walks a bit on hard accelleration
- make AC lines, good lord it needs this
- do something with gauges... currently have nothing at all.

Sitting in it yesterday made me remember how much I do still really LIKE the car.. but it hates me.

Oh, and I need a short shifter IMMEDIATELY. After being spoiled by the Corvette and its nice Hurst unit, the stock F-body shifter is a terrible piece of straight garbage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: She's alive... and more updates as they come.   She's alive... and more updates as they come. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

She's alive... and more updates as they come.
Page 1 of 1