GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which brake rotor?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chevy freak '91

Chevy freak '91

Which brake rotor? Empty
PostSubject: Which brake rotor?   Which brake rotor? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 2:04 pm

Hello People,
I need new front brake rotors for my '91 Chevy Caprice wagon. Does anyone knows which one I need?
I've found these nice ones at Rockauto, but is this the correct one? https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=109273&cc=1037258&jsn=638&jsn=638&jsn=638
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Which brake rotor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brake rotor?   Which brake rotor? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 pm

RA is pretty simple for looking up stuff. Put in the car you have and it finds you the correct parts.

To answer your question, yes that is the correct rotor.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Which brake rotor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brake rotor?   Which brake rotor? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 pm

That is the stock style rotor/hub. They fit all years of the Bubble B-bodies.
Back to top Go down
Chevy freak '91

Chevy freak '91

Which brake rotor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brake rotor?   Which brake rotor? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 3:02 am

Thanks guys, are the rotors for wagons bigger than for sedans or is there no difference? And do you think I can order these rotors straight from Rockauto or do I need to meassure my current rotor first to be sure? I haven't much experience with RA.
And what's the best brand? ACdelco's? Raybesto's?
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

Which brake rotor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brake rotor?   Which brake rotor? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 4:54 am

Before you search for a part on the Rock Auto site, enter the year, make and model of your wagon and THEN search for the part.  The listings that come up will all fit your car.  If there are special condsiderations (e.g., commercial chassis), there will be a note in the part description.  It's a very easy site to use.  I think the site allows you to open an account with a username and password.  Do that, and every time you log onto the site it will automatically recognize you and can automatically configure any search for parts.

Rock Auto will generally list parts from a search in a quality hierarchy on the "results page" (e.g.: good, bettter, premium).  Within reason, you get what you pay for.  Some one else can likely pile on in a few hours to tell you what brands they like and worked best for them.  AC Delco parts are usually pretty good.  There were a lot of them in the cars when they were built.
Back to top Go down
Chevy freak '91

Chevy freak '91

Which brake rotor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brake rotor?   Which brake rotor? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 5:28 am

Thanks DMG4, it's totally clear now for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Which brake rotor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which brake rotor?   Which brake rotor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which brake rotor?
Page 1 of 1