GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

94' Hearse Proportioning valve

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Boomhauers_93Wagon

94' Hearse Proportioning valve Empty
PostSubject: 94' Hearse Proportioning valve   94' Hearse Proportioning valve Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 3:51 pm

I was picking through a 94' Hearse for some brake lines and noticed that it didn't have ABS.

So question is, can I swap this proportioning valve to my 96' RMW?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 94' Hearse Proportioning valve   94' Hearse Proportioning valve Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 5:33 pm

There should be no problem. I removed the ABS from my 91 OCC, and still use the original proportioning valve. The wagon and sedan proportioning valves can be used on any wagon and sedan, with the possible exception of the models with rear disc brakes. The ABS is after the proportioning valve, so it  should apply the brakes with the same bias.
Back to top Go down
Boomhauers_93Wagon

PostSubject: Re: 94' Hearse Proportioning valve   94' Hearse Proportioning valve Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 5:44 pm

I snagged the value up with some of the lines.

My goal anyways was to replace a rusted line from the front to the rear, redo everything on the rear end, new wheel cylinders.

So I'd figured I'd see if it was possible to swap this in anyways while I was doing everything else
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 94' Hearse Proportioning valve   94' Hearse Proportioning valve Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 12:34 am

The lines from the FW body are longer than the ones for the RM. Any sedan or wagon has the same body portion of the lines. The lines on the wagon axle are 2 inches longer, and some Caprice sedans vary by an inch. The FW limo lines on the rear may, or may not fit. The disc brake lines for the rear axle are different.

It is probably easier to buy some stock line, and use the fittings you have (or get new fittings).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 94' Hearse Proportioning valve   94' Hearse Proportioning valve Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

94' Hearse Proportioning valve
Page 1 of 1