GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hello from wisconsin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
goldwolfnhn

hello from wisconsin Empty
PostSubject: hello from wisconsin   hello from wisconsin Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 10:17 pm

just joining here, I currently own a 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon, and a 1987 Pontiac Safari.

Or at least those are the two vehicles I own that this forum is for, they are actually the smallest vehicles I currently own, the second smallest of all the vehicles I have owned and the newest and third newest vehicles I have ever owned, so far the Pontiac I have owned for over two years, and the Buick for almost a year.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: hello from wisconsin   hello from wisconsin Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 10:41 am

Welcome aboard...Post up some pics when you can.
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: hello from wisconsin   hello from wisconsin Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 1:11 pm

hello from wisconsin Buick10
hello from wisconsin Pontia10
hello from wisconsin Window10

I was actually surprised when I found that the window slip with the Pontiac was truly for that car, along with the owners manual and several other pamphlets the dealer included with new cars, and it's all still there. But sadly someone stripped the woodgrain and trim and repainted the whole car.

and both cars have the optional power antenna, but sadly only the Buicks still works, and the Buick is supposed to have had the simulated wire spoke locking hubcaps which was optional rather then the standard aluminum rims.

Last edited by goldwolfnhn on Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra info forgot to put in originally)
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: hello from wisconsin   hello from wisconsin Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 8:48 pm

hello from wisconsin Gas_ec10

this was a big surprise when I gassed up this morning, 202 highway miles almost 203 and only 7.9 almost 8 gallons for 25.6 miles per gallon. this is only the second vehicle in the family that has ever been owned that to my knowledge has met or exceeded the claimed highway fuel economy, and with an engine with 136 thousand miles with no major work on my Buick, the other one is my mothers 2003 Buick century with 198 thousand miles on the original 3.1 and we've gotten 30 mpg on that one on a trip down to Louisiana.
Back to top Go down
93RMW

93RMW

PostSubject: Re: hello from wisconsin   hello from wisconsin Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 4:51 pm

They are great highway cars. My 93 doesn't have the gumption to encourage a heavy foot but is effortless at elevation. I average in the low 20's and have for 70k miles.
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: hello from wisconsin   hello from wisconsin Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 5:52 pm

well this was her first big trip, other then going from Oneida to Stevens Point, but this was also right after I had the intake manifold gasket, and the coolant temp sensor at the water pump replaced, the best I had gotten before this was 22mpg, first time was right after I bought the car in West Bend, then it developed an issue that I'm actually still dealing with, where right after start up for the first couple hundred feet, depending on throttle, it has little power and will even back fire before suddenly she "catches fire" and takes off like a bat out of hell, I've already replaced the air intake temp sensor, and now with the intake gasket and coolant temp sensor the problem has gotten better but not disappeared, I even got a different filter to use on the distributor vent system, though it's actually meant for micro brewing systems it still works here.

Though it's odd you say your 93 doesn't encourage a heavy foot as my older brother used to have one and that one could get up and go no problems with the 350 tbi, he just got rid of it when an electrical problem caused him to have to constantly carry an extra battery around with him. Sadly I think the person who bought it just wanted it for demo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from wisconsin   hello from wisconsin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hello from wisconsin
Page 1 of 1