GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
94Woody

94Woody

My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Empty
PostSubject: My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.   My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Took my weekly trip to the pick a part this afternoon. Always score a few odds and end and look for things forum members need. One item on my list was a Roadmaster Sedan Hood Ornament for Billy (not sure he still wanted it but what they hey). When I noticed the Buicks were missing I searched for them

and found them....

My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Img00006qv7
Shot at 2009-01-03

Was a double bummer really cause the blue one has a complete TBI 350 in it that I wanted for my 92 Caprice. Can't believe they crushed them cause they had complete interiors still last weekend. There is a Gold 95 (broken ornament) left but it must have been an LT1 cause it is totally stripped of its drivetrain. Need to grab its dash cluster for my 92.

Took a couple pics of some other Bs in the yard 11 are there right now total. Including a 9C1, been picked over extensively, but has some parts remaining.

An early model RMW.....I've never seen one rusted as bad as this poor old car.

My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Img00009vr3
Shot at 2009-01-03

A 95 L99...other than the damage it is 100% complete at the moment, well I took the window switches, if the mirrors were power I would have grabbed them. It has an untouched spare on a brand new aluminum rim in the trunk. This sucker took one hell of a hard hit.

My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Img00008ak8
Shot at 2009-01-03

Lots of good parts there still, cheap to. Quoted me 20 a piece for the newer style Caprice tails.
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.   My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:55 pm

I can never find b-bodys in the bone yards around here. Thats ok on the hood ornament. Thanks for looking. cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.   My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:17 pm

How does the grille on the rusty wagon look? The one I got is only marginally better then that one I have on my car right now, totally misrepresented by the seller.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.   My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 2:06 pm

The grille is in one piece and looks good really. It only has a couple of small cracks in a couple of center bars.

I could get it if you would like. They don't charge me too much really. I have gotten a lot of stuff (some big ticket on ebay) in the last month and only spent $60. Fixed all the minor probs on my wagon with parts from those cars.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.   My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 3:05 pm

So sad to see those cars crushed. Probably tons of good parts on them. Sad It's rare to see the B cars in salvage yards around here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.   My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:54 pm

This yard has plenty of them and the stock rotates regularly. Some of them are abandoned and some wrecked. There are two them at the moment that are junked trade ins from a local Mitsubishi dealer. One has perfect quarters that I am gonna hack the pieces from to fix my sedan.

Tons of parts is right, a few have complete interiors, in excellent condition as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.   My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:34 pm

94Woody wrote:
The grille is in one piece and looks good really. It only has a couple of small cracks in a couple of center bars.

I could get it if you would like. They don't charge me too much really. I have gotten a lot of stuff (some big ticket on ebay) in the last month and only spent $60. Fixed all the minor probs on my wagon with parts from those cars.
I am looking for one with decent to good chrome on the outer shell, I am not to concerned about the center as I will just black that part out like the grille that is already on my car.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.   My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:07 pm

UberWagon wrote:

I am looking for one with decent to good chrome on the outer shell, I am not to concerned about the center as I will just black that part out like the grille that is already on my car.

This grille has good chrome on it. I almost grabbed it before but definately will this time.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.   My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:54 pm

they have not been keeping up with the price of scrap, no sense to crush them yet they are worth more in parts then they are in scrap weight. back in september the prices were high, by the end of october the prices were at a 110 year record low. hey it's there loss.....Dumb asses
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.   My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:57 pm

Yeah and looking at there crushed pile you would think scrap was 1000 a ton. They are going on a killing spree, and only attacking the Buicks as far as Bs are concerned. It's weird really cause they are almost complete yet some of the Caprices are stripped majorly and they have left them alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.   My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My trip to the yard, Sorry Billy.
Page 1 of 1