GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1994 caprice wagon, 1994 bagged rms and 1996 stock rms in Michigan.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
amhicks21

amhicks21

1994 caprice wagon, 1994 bagged rms and 1996 stock rms in Michigan. Empty
PostSubject: 1994 caprice wagon, 1994 bagged rms and 1996 stock rms in Michigan.   1994 caprice wagon, 1994 bagged rms and 1996 stock rms in Michigan. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 11:26 pm

Hey all!

Around 4 years ago i bought a clapped out caprice wagon as an impulse buy because the transmission in my roadmaster sedan went out literally as i was going to look at buying the wagon and it had a freshly rebuilt transmission so i figured even if it was junk, the tranny and other parts would be worth the 1200 i paid. It had been lowered, so it was hard to inspect the undercarriage when i bought it. Turns out, the frame is rotted through in multiple spots, the floor had massive holes from front to back including the top of the wheel wells and the body had the usual rust holes. The body also is covered with scratches and a few dents. The rear brakes had been completely removed for doing burnouts, the A/C was removed, and all of the emissions equipment was removed. The heater core also filled the car with steam if the heat was used and none of the shocks were functional.

It did, however have some positives. other than the freshy rebuilt transmission, it has long tube headers in to 2.5" duals dumping in front of the rear axle, a perfect running engine, Dark window tint, and new optispark. I also absolutely loved the color.

So, i started driving it daily since the transmission was out in my rms. Somehow despite having some of the most janky repairs and mods done that i'd ever seen, it has never left me stranded. The wagon is one of 3 b bodies that i own along with 1994 and 1996 roadmaster sedans so i switch between them once in a while and work on whatever im not driving. So, despite telling myself repeatedly that its not worth working on and i need to find a wagon in better shape, I just keep fixing things little by little.

As of now ive fixed all the mechanical issues, fiberglassed all of the holes in the floor, welded plates over the holes in the frame that matter, and patched most of the holes in the body. Ive also installed a bed slide and a trailer hitch since i use it as my "tool truck". To save money on painting the body where i patched it, I sprayed from the body line down with raptor black bed liner.

So, at this point i think im in too deep to scrap it and find a nicer one. It'll never be worth anything, but thats ok.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: 1994 caprice wagon, 1994 bagged rms and 1996 stock rms in Michigan.   1994 caprice wagon, 1994 bagged rms and 1996 stock rms in Michigan. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 9:38 am

Welcome, great first post. It's funny how these rides can grow on you, sometimes like a cancer. Lol Like you, several times I have thrown good money after bad at a B-Body. Cheaper than doing drugs, I guess. scratch Then again, maybe not. lol!
Back to top Go down
Swaggerwagon

Swaggerwagon

PostSubject: Re: 1994 caprice wagon, 1994 bagged rms and 1996 stock rms in Michigan.   1994 caprice wagon, 1994 bagged rms and 1996 stock rms in Michigan. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 1:50 pm

Pics!
Also, if u used grey bedliner to paint the lower half.... it would look like an Oldsmobile.
Just sayin.
Welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1994 caprice wagon, 1994 bagged rms and 1996 stock rms in Michigan.   1994 caprice wagon, 1994 bagged rms and 1996 stock rms in Michigan. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1994 caprice wagon, 1994 bagged rms and 1996 stock rms in Michigan.
Page 1 of 1