GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hood adjusters rusted, can not move for a 1994

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sdowney717

Hood adjusters rusted, can  not move for a 1994 Empty
PostSubject: Hood adjusters rusted, can not move for a 1994   Hood adjusters rusted, can  not move for a 1994 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 10:16 am

There are two. They have a rubber top, metal bolt, and some kind of weird captive nut that look to fit into a square hole.

What are these called, part numbers? Where can get new ones? I tried spraying with PB Blaster, but they dont budge, Likely will can break them.

Can these be pried out and then maybe new nuts used? If I could get them out a torch could bust the rust.
Back to top Go down
sdowney717

Hood adjusters rusted, can  not move for a 1994 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood adjusters rusted, can not move for a 1994   Hood adjusters rusted, can  not move for a 1994 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 1:48 pm

Got them out. These are spring clips, so pull or pry up and it comes straight out. Badly rusted threads. Soaked them in HOT white vinegar for a few hours, then they loosened up. Easiest way to do that, is put them in a plastic container, pour in vinegar till covered, and microwave them bowl till HOT. Of course wash away all oils on them as vinegar and oils dont mix, and you want the vinegar to get down into the nut.
I slathered them thoroughly with marine grease.

Hood adjusters rusted, can  not move for a 1994 20201010

Sprocket, Oscar73 and rcktpwrd like this post

Back to top Go down

Hood adjusters rusted, can not move for a 1994
Page 1 of 1