GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BRM94 - driver seat rails worn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BuickRM

BRM94 - driver seat rails worn Empty
PostSubject: BRM94 - driver seat rails worn   BRM94 - driver seat rails worn Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 11:15 am

Guys,
on my 94 BRM the driver seat starts to wiggle, first I thought about the fixing bolts on the floor coming loose - they didn´t. The reason are the plastic guides inside the steal rails, they are worn. I´ve removed the seat to upholster it, when I put it out and left  the adjusting device in the car, it´s nice to watch how the rails are moving without the seat. It´s clearly that the plastic guide rails are moving up and down, seems to be like they are broken inside....

Unfortunately, they are no more available from Rockauto, does anyone know if they are to source wherever, please remember I´m German and not able to dig them out at the next scrapyard. First question is if they could be disassembled at all to get access to the rails itself or are they covered. If I get the plastic out I could probably make new ones by milling.

I also wouldn´t get used ones from USA with big shipping costs and anyway no guarantee for surviving the next few months.....any advices are welcome....
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: BRM94 - driver seat rails worn   BRM94 - driver seat rails worn Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 10:51 pm

Check on the impalassforum.com. There is someone who makes new ones, but they are expensive.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: BRM94 - driver seat rails worn   BRM94 - driver seat rails worn Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 10:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRM94 - driver seat rails worn   BRM94 - driver seat rails worn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRM94 - driver seat rails worn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: