GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call

Go down 
+5
ChevyChugg
lakeffect
Bewber
Sprocket
buickestate
9 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Empty
PostSubject: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:22 am

August 21st 2010 in Flint Michigan, This is a roll call for those who can make it to the first dry run of the The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull.

I'll be there
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:23 am

I believe that Paul and the Ratmaster will be there too
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:24 pm

no more vacation or I'd seriously consider it.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Dave Chugg - the prodigal longroofer is also IN.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:19 pm

Do we have to bring our own Enchanted Mittens or do you supply them?

Will them blue latex gloves from Harbor Freight and K-Y jelly work as an alternative?

All kidding aside, my vacation time is used up till October when it refreshes. Hopefully it's held next year and I can save some time off for the occasion. As a union guy I have seniority, but with the "time off" bidding process, I still need to plan out about 60-90 days in advance to get the jump on everyone else.

Last edited by lakeffect on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Needles and wool might be supplied depending on demand....
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:01 pm

I will indeed be there...in a medium roof...even a caprice sedan has a longer roof than most.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Next year will be the year for pavilions and cooking out and hanging out in a park setting. This year we're hitting downtown during the day, then cruising and parking/watching the other cruisers in the evening.

I'm actually going to the park I want to have it this Friday - for a splash pad birthday party, so pics of the venue will be taken.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:29 pm

I will make it there next year for sure, I have heard about this woodward event many times but never went. I do believe good ole Pat was the guy that talked about the woodward event the first time I heard about it and since then I have heard much more about else whwere. Can't wait for next year.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Well, everyone had a great time. Pat and his new honey joined Jimbeau, my brother in law and his family, and my whole crew and we all had a GREAT and SAFE time spending the ENTIRE day in beautiful, sunny, DOWNTOWN FLINT, MICHIGAN!

The collection of cars that showed up was incredible. Everything from (as sad as) a diesel FORD 1 ton van - with cancerous doors - spray bombed with a poorly done A-team stripe - all the way to a trippple white, MINT condition 1950 Roadmaster convertible, and EVERYTHING in between. The model T club was there, there were vettes of all years, a bone stock fairmont wagon for Derrick, some seriously cool mopars, some full drag cars that shook the earth, bikes, and just too many other bitchin rides to remember. It woudn't matter WHAT you're into - it was there. Hell even a HEARSE club was there. Cars filled over a MILE of the bricks on both sides of the road - and both sides of EVERY side street in both directions, and on both sides of BOTH streets that run parallel to it. I walked until my frickin feet split open (yes, literally) and still didn't even come close to seeing everything.

There was even a dyno there and you could get TWO pulls on it for like $35 or $40, which is STUPID cheap. Towards the end of the day my BIL put his mustang on there and put down 283 at the wheels, which is MORE than enough to get you into trouble in a car that light. Fun to watch, if nothing else.

The atmosphere was outstanding and I had a great time sharing the event and the downtown area that I love with close friends and family. After the show, we grabbed a bite to eat at an authentic Mexican place, then found a nice spot to sit along the main drag where everybody cruises to fart and watch the collection of unique stuff people brought out for the "rolling car show" till the police shut it down at about 10pm. BOOOOO!

Also - in the spirit of this being a dry run for wagonfest - we felt it only appropriate to have a vote. Once all the votes were in and they were both counted, the results were as follows:

People's Choice Short Roof Award: This award went to Mr. Patrick O'Malley for his uber clean 1980 European Edition Chevrolet Malibu.

People's Choice Longroof Award: This one actually went to ME, for my 1965 Biscayne wagon.

This event also started the one year countdown for the Midwest Wagonfest 2011 and this is where both Pat and I agree would be a great spot to have it. See you HERE!

Peace,
John
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:13 pm

PICS PICS! PICS!!!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:42 pm

yeah John where are the pictures? I'm still working on my woodward dream cruise video, I'll get to the flint videos later

It was a fun day, stress free despite the sensory over load
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:08 pm

here is my woodward 2010 dreamcruise video taken on friday the 20th

Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:15 pm

Right at go time we couldn't remember where the camera was. Since I knew Pat brought his deal, I hopped in and left anyway. All I have is a couple crappy cell phone pics.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:51 pm

post the crappy cell phone pics
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:01 pm

You already know that I have 4 out of 4 cars that are either DOWN, or need attention. It's not going to happen anytime today. MAYBE tonight.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:02 pm

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:13 pm

the first video of Flint, starts with me following Bewbs to the bricks.....

Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Love the Vids Pat Smile You gotta tail light out Bewbz!!

I know BigOldV8 was talking about going up next year with his wagon, I might tag along! Looks like a really great time Smile

Hope you put more pics up!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:23 pm

Very cool! Too bad it rained, but it still looks like a good turnout! Neat vid!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:25 pm

The Woodward cruise looks AWESOME! On my to-do list for sure!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:30 pm

Thanks for the video Pat.

Left side brake lights are fuh SUCKAZ! It actually only rained for less than an hour, then the entire rest of the day was gorgeous.

Here's a couple crappy cell phone pics of rides on the bricks.

68-69 with hide away headlights? Oh hell yea! Dude wants like 10 grand for it? Uh, hell NO!

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call 10k_wa10

I know this little wimp looks about as exciting as watching womens basketball, but this thing was MINT.

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Derric11

So there was this cool little corvair wagon that I wanted because I could tell it wanted me first. I never did meet the owner to thank him for the laugh - he had the rear glass lettered like it was for a nursing home/hospice - and this was how he'd lettered the gate. Classic!

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Corvai10

I got nothin on this one. This thing was it's own joke.

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Little10

I took this pic of this shotgun scoop because I want one. This pic is for me, not you - but you're more than welcome to look at it with me.

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Shotgu10

And the last shot I took at the bricks was of this bitchin mopar that parked acrossed from us. WANT!

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Bitchi10
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:48 pm

After we left had dinner, we pitstopped real quick at my buddy Flathead Pete's party over on Macdonald street - called "Mayhem on Macdonald" It's more of a rockabilly crowd, but you couldn't ask for more a more welcoming group of people. They'd taken an old broken TV and made a backlit yardsign out of it. I thought it was pretty cool.

The 50 ford is Pete's - and the 53 Chebby belongs to my buddy Kyle - who's house it was at. Both are pretty cool rods.

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Mayhem10

Pete's bride took a pick of my beater, so I swiped it offin her facey page. Here's what we rolled in all weekend - my 65 Biscayne Wagon.

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Mayhem11

Just a glimpse of how creative and talented these cats are - here's another decoration they threw together for the party. I took it for Brokecello - Note the bowling pin at the top. Also note the pinstriped and backlit address panel next to it.

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Mayhem12

And lastly - here's a pic of the ole TV lit up at night. Too damn cool!

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Mayhem13

From there we went and relaxed and watched the cruisers for a couple hours.

It was a great day and I can't wait to share it with whoever all can make it next year!

Peace,

John
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:07 am

part two of the bricks

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:41 pm

But Wait THERE'S MORE!!!

Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Bewber wrote:

Just a glimpse of how creative and talented these cats are - here's another decoration they threw together for the party. I took it for Brokecello - Note the bowling pin at the top. Also note the pinstriped and backlit address panel next to it.

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Mayhem12

That is crazy! I wonder if it plays...

WOW! Back to the Bricks looks like a really sweet show....MORE VIDS and pics! lol Loving it. I did see one B-body wagon Pat, but I noticed you were drawn to all the G-bodies. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:46 pm

well Chris, half of my cars are G bodies......and I only seen one 91-96 wagon there

next year we will change that right?

Paul stayed in Detroit for the dream cruise with the Ratmaster
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks for sharing the vids Pat!

Yea Chris, it's a pretty big deal. They actually block off that entire downtown area for people to start parking there at 6pm Friday night.

It was a great atmosphere and a great crowd - and did I mention that it was SAFE?

For the record, it was SAFE.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:47 pm

I'm SO IN for next year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:04 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
I'm SO IN for next year! Very Happy

there goes the safe factor!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:37 am

Very good stuff!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:58 pm

last video with jimbeau

Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:03 pm

For a bit of perspective - At the 1:40 mark when Pat is filming up the street through the steel archway - we're a block or 2 in and trying to show the FAR end of the cars. We could BARELY see the other end with our eyes and it can't be seen in the video.

No empty spaces - both sides of the street, both sides of every cross street, and alot of both sides of each street that runs parallel to that main drag. It's all FREE, SAFE, and very well organized.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:45 pm

I'm in for next year to, already told the other half were doing it. Now for some big change to the beast. And a good engine clean up is in order.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 pm

that's some serious sensory overload. wow...that's alot o cars!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:06 am

See - what had happen waaaas............

Sooooooo, I couldn't take any pics of BTTB that I had my Biscayne at ....... because I couldn't find my camera at the time ...... that turned out to be under the front seat ...... OF THE BISCAYNE!! Evil or Very Mad

Seriously - I feel like the guy who tore the house apart looking for his glasses that were on his head.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:47 pm

That's too funny!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call   The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull roll call
Page 1 of 1