GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tom.cates

tom.cates

Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC Empty
PostSubject: Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC   Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 4:58 pm

Thank you, all of you for the help you have given me over the years. All of the information stored here is valuable, and for a list member you can have it for $1,000...

Pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/406982833859129

1995 Buick Roadmaster for sale at a reasonable price. Only Jumped Once!

Bad:

Transmission grenaded a few months ago. At least a couple grand to fix.
Drivers interior door panel broken and not installed, could be repaired.
A few dents in the left hand rear quarter panel, could be pushed out maybe.
Once a year or so belches out Power Steering fluid, always topped back off.

Good:

New Water Pump
New Distributor
New Distributor drive seal
New AC Compressor
New AC Receiver/Drier
Brand new tires
Replaced Thermostat
Replaced Radiator
Replaced all window regulator hardware
New rear brake line
New OEM plug wires (Not installed)
Rebuilt air compressor for self levelling (Not Installed)
New OEM rear air shocks and installation kit (Not Installed)
New front brake pads
New front wheel bearings
New lower front Ball Joints
No Check Engine Light
Burns no oil. Seriously. Oil changed every 3 to 5 thousand miles and still looks new when drained.
Power seats
Towing Package
5.7 LT1 Engine
Positraction
Leather Interior
Wood grain paneling
OEM stainless steel *dual* exhaust still in good condition
Way back rear facing third row
Vista Cruiser glass roof

Why am I selling this beauty? Well, when I bought it June 24th, 2014 I had three kids, and this thing seats eight comfortably, so it seemed like a smart move. And it was. It’s been a great car but I now have six kids and I think I might get something like a Transit. It can be driven, maybe around the block or something as I drove it home about two miles after the transmission started acting obviously broken. The entire vehicle is bone stock and well maintained; it has about 140,000 miles on it in total. No rust. All the leather seats are in good shape, there is one small tear on the driver seat. The OEM leather on these cars is apparently made of some kind of leather that never wears out or cracks, I’ve seen them in junkyards that have been out in the rain for years and you can wipe them off and they still look new. The steering wheel has the coating rubbed off in places, this is normal for the car and I have had it recoated once, but it needs it again. They just spray it with some kind of special paint/coating and it lasts a few years. The radio and speakers work, all the electronic stiff works. Antenna goes up and down.

Clean title in hand.

If you ask me if it is still available, I will not respond. If you can see the ad, it is still available.

Priced to sell, $2,000 OBO

Flyingtaco likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flyingtaco

PostSubject: Re: Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC   Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 11:59 am

Definitely interested, I'll need to look at shipping quotes to the Dallas, TX area. I was wondering if you could send some more pictures of the interior, as well as the broken door panel.

Thanks, and congratulations on your sixth kid!
Back to top Go down
tom.cates

tom.cates

PostSubject: Re: Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC   Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:10 pm

I thought I was aiming high at two grand. But two people are on the way right now to look at it.
Back to top Go down
Flyingtaco

PostSubject: Re: Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC   Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:21 pm

Let me know if those don't work out. It's a beautiful car, good luck with the sale either way.
Back to top Go down
Flyingtaco

PostSubject: Re: Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC   Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 1:04 pm

Just wanted to flow up and see if it sold.
Back to top Go down
tom.cates

tom.cates

PostSubject: Re: Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC   Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 8:59 am

I sent you a PM. It is not sold yet. The two that came on Saturday were looking for a no effort flip, and she is not that. It's got seven years of kids... And I did not really realize that the pictures painted a much more rosy picture than reality. It is a hundred dollar detail away form even approaching those pictures.

FYI, also includes the hitch.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC   Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 3:32 pm

Silly flippers. List it higher and let people negotiate you down to your selling price.

I (shouldn't have) bought a minivan from a flipper recently for a single mom in need. "Has fresh tuneup. Needs valvecover gaskets."  AKA leaks worse than the Exxon Valdez because the catalytic converter is 80% plugged from misfiring for a long time. Front swaybar links are shot. Radiator and water pump started leaking the day I got it registered. 

How did the flipper add value to the van? Dye the carpet black "because it was dirty." Interior stank for two weeks so I aired it out. Then the stank changed to moldy death smell. I found out that 40% of the carpet padding has been soaked for a long time due to an HVAC leak.  Tear apart interior to remove carpet and dry it out.  And 20 other things broken on this turd. Most are cheap fixes, but still.
Back to top Go down
tom.cates

tom.cates

PostSubject: Re: Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC   Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 8:10 pm

It belongs to Flyingtaco now.
Back to top Go down
Ericguy320

PostSubject: Re: Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC   Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:35 pm

O I wasn't planning on flipping it, I'm looking for a long time ride for the family. I was looking at the quarter panle for a long time thinking about how i could fix it, but between that and the trans it was too much for me to take on rite now. I have 2 other cars I've had for 10 years that i need to sell to make room for a wagon but seen your add on fb and was hard to pass up (didn't see it on here until now lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC   Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Ruby weighing in at a solid two tons and hailing from Asheville, NC
Page 1 of 1