GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Removing trim

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wojtek

Wojtek

Removing trim  Empty
PostSubject: Removing trim    Removing trim  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 10:37 am

I found a wagon in my local Pull A Part unfortunately the stuff I was looking for is gone but the stainless trim around the exterior is still on the car (no rubber trim) and in perfect shape . I'm going back on monday to remove it primarily interested in the trim on the doors as mine has some dents my guess is I'll have to remove the inside door panels as I found a piece screwed in or is the trim held on with clips that I can pop off ? Thanks !
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Removing trim  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removing trim    Removing trim  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 10:48 am

Hey young fella

You should not have to take off the door panels. Open the door, on the inside of the door, there should be a phillips head screw or a nut holding the stainless steel piece. After removing them, lift the trim piece up from the bottom (you are sliding the trim off of the clips). It's ready to come off.

Oh, if the door panels are good, take them home with you as they are near impossible to find.

Tom

Wojtek and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

Removing trim  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removing trim    Removing trim  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 12:01 pm

Thank You ! I'm going to get as much stuff as I can off this car the seats are trashed but a lot of the interior pieces look ok including the rear grab handles (?)

Sprocket and silverfox103 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Removing trim  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removing trim    Removing trim  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removing trim
Page 1 of 1