GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

95 RMW with Dex-Cool

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Don in MO

Don in MO

95 RMW with Dex-Cool Empty
PostSubject: 95 RMW with Dex-Cool   95 RMW with Dex-Cool Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 8:51 pm

Purchased a 1995 Roadmaster Wagon that had Dex-cool in it. Heater coil plugged, needs flushed. I have no idea of the history of the Dex-cool.

Going to flush the cooling system so the heat works but what antifreeze do I put back in it? Is there a procedure to convert the green antifreeze to dex-cool?

I have a 2004 2500 Suburban and the daughter drives a 2018 Nissan Rouge.

Thanks!
Don

Dandy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: 95 RMW with Dex-Cool   95 RMW with Dex-Cool Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 8:33 pm

I would stick with Dex Cool that's what GM recommends and the new stuff from what I've read is greatly improved .I'm doing mine and it will be a complete flush I'll be removing the anti knock sensor and plug on the block ,replacing all the hoses and thermostat and use Blue Devil Flush and distilled water to make sure i do a through job
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 95 RMW with Dex-Cool   95 RMW with Dex-Cool Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 8:51 pm

I would get rid of the Dex Cool, it's nothing but problems. I don't know anyone that runs that stuff. Flush good, like you are doing, including the heater, and put the green in.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: 95 RMW with Dex-Cool   95 RMW with Dex-Cool Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 1:51 pm

I know there were some issues with the early versions of Dex Cool but again from all I've read , and I read a lot,the new stuff is greatly improved I have 3 vehicles (not counting the wagon) that run Dex Cool and haven't had any issues .I do know that if you mix the stuff with non Dex Cool you will have problems because it's not compatible .For me the biggest issue is that most people don't change this stuff on a regular basis I go every 3 to 5 years at the most depending on the miles I put on the vehicle .How many people are going to completely clean and drain their cooling systems properly to switch over ? As I mentioned before I'm doing a complete cooling system restore which will include new hoses and thermostat and depending how much crud I find I may end up replacing the water pump even though when I drove my car back home after purchasing a 140 mi trip i had no issues with the cooling system . It is crudded up and needs a through cleaning ,I thought about using Evans Waterless Coolant but that might be a bit of overkill .

Don in MO and Rev Bob like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 95 RMW with Dex-Cool   95 RMW with Dex-Cool Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

95 RMW with Dex-Cool
Page 1 of 1