GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First "Longroof"

Go down 
+6
gwturbo
toomanytoyz
Sprocket
DBeaSSt
sherlock9c1
Grumpy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Just bought a warmed over 92 Olds Custom Cruiser. Little V6 Turbo taking the place of the V8 Wink Can't believe how big these cars are!! Will be looking for parts I am sure.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Was the the Turbowagon that was for sale for awhile on the ISSF? That car is in nice shape (or at least it looked so in the pics).
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Probably.. Came out of Philly. ok have to ask.. What is "ISSF" ?
Back to top Go down

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Impala SS Forum.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:29 am

Welcome aboard! I think I've seen pictures of this car. Has the V6 from a Grand National? Congrats on a unique car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Welcome   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:34 am

Finally a Turbo wagon in the group!You will learn a lot from this group,some good,some bad,but always entertaining.
How well does that turbo V6 pull that wagon along?Does it have much Turbo lag when taking off from a dead stop?
Should have plenty of room under the hood to fix things.
A word of wisdom "Always let the engine idle for 30 seconds to a minute when parking to cool the oil down".If you
dont have a oil cooler that should be the first modification.I have owned both turbo cars and a bike and that turbo
will live a long time if you keep the oil clean and the larger the oil cooler the better.
Thats my 2 cents!
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:01 am

Let's see some pics! I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Welcome, but I hate you....I wanted that car soooooooooooooooooooo bad but lack of funds.....glad it went to a good home. It's an awesome car.
Back to top Go down

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Now now, Sprocket... I don't think you need another one. Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:21 pm

That was a sweet car, should be a ton (or two Wink) of fun! Smile

She runs 12's on whitewalls if I remember correctly!

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
gwturbo

gwturbo

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:19 pm

I think that is the same car I was also considering. Talked to him about trading my Ttype for the wagon but I just couldn't pull the trigger.
Grumpy are you the same grumpy on the turbo buick forums? If it's the same person he certainly doesn't need any advice about that little V-6. His daughter has a GN that runs 9,s.
Welcome to the wagon group. Glenn
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Yeah, I heard who you REALLY are! Wink

Al Brewnik says hi... Smile

You gotta come visit us on our local forum, too. www.badassofne.net

Al's there too...
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Grumpy

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:42 am

gwturbo wrote:
I think that is the same car I was also considering. Talked to him about trading my Ttype for the wagon but I just couldn't pull the trigger.
Grumpy are you the same grumpy on the turbo buick forums? If it's the same person he certainly doesn't need any advice about that little V-6. His daughter has a GN that runs 9,s.
Welcome to the wagon group. Glenn

ya... thats me affraid I get around !! Hell I looked at your brothers GNX in Tallahasse years ago from what I remember ..
So here I am @ 4:40am goin to get a coffee and take a trans out when I get back. Wagon has been fun so far Cool
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:13 am

I was wondering if the name was the same as the one on the Thirdgen.org forum, (Bruce Plecan) but thought he had passed away. If so, welcome back from the dead.

If not, Bruce was a tremendous resource, well respected in the auto community, and lived up to the name of Grumpy on a daily basis. May you always be blessed to do the same.

Dave Buchholz, Rochester NY
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:34 am

lakeffect wrote:
I was wondering if the name was the same as the one on the Thirdgen.org forum, (Bruce Plecan) but thought he had passed away. If so, welcome back from the dead.

If not, Bruce was a tremendous resource, well respected in the auto community, and lived up to the name of Grumpy on a daily basis. May you always be blessed to do the same.

Dave Buchholz, Rochester NY

not Bruce BUT I do remember him on the Buick sites. he was a deep thinker .. I like things simple stupid.. works easier for me affraid
Back to top Go down
gwturbo

gwturbo

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:27 am

ya... thats me affraid I get around !! Hell I looked at your brothers GNX in Tallahasse years ago from what I remember ..
So here I am @ 4:40am goin to get a coffee and take a trans out when I get back. Wagon has been fun so far Cool [/quote]

Yes, you did look at my brother's GNX a few years back. Unfortunately he passed away last year. Glad to see someone get that wagon that will enjoy it and knows how to take care of it. These wagons are a lot of fun. Great combo of a wagon with the turbo running gear. From talking to the guy you bought it from it seemed like he did it right. Glenn
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Damm Glenn.. sorry to hear that.
The guy that did the car has done a lot of them. NO BS.. Thats how I found the cara few years ago. He did a great job !! Just goin to "personalize" it for me now Wink
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Now now, Sprocket... I don't think you need another one. Laughing

I would have traded four of mine for that one. It's a beauty and as mentioned, done right.
Pics from my hard drive....
First "Longroof" Attachment

only thing I would do to it is put the Olds grille back on it
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:12 pm

I don't think its just that easy is it ??
Back to top Go down

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:19 pm

It is. The OCC, Caprice, and Impala grilles are interchangeable I believe.

If you do, dibs on your Impala grille? Very Happy (I wish.. lol I'll be broke for the next 3 weeks.)
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Grumpy wrote:

Like Roo said,
yup about 8 screws and your done. Hard part will be finding one in white.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

Like Roo said,
Hard part will be finding one in white.

Unless you are skilled in the art of rattle-canning.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:22 am

Painting is no problem.. Now who has one Question Hell what does it even look like ?? Guess I have been into the Buick G bodys to long .
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:55 am

I will keep an eye out in my travels. I pulled one for Mike P. a few weeks ago at a Baltimore pick N pull. Might hit a Philly PNP up today if I have time.

Tim
Back to top Go down

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:07 am

They look like this:

First "Longroof" 3595710036_large
Back to top Go down

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: My Bad   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:52 am

Grumpy please disregard all of that advice that I gave previously as it sounds like you already know a lot more about Buick GN turbos than I ever will.Take care and welcome to the most addictive forum out there!
Take Care
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Grumpy please disregard all of that advice that I gave previously as it sounds like you already know a lot more about Buick GN turbos than I ever will.Take care and welcome to the most addictive forum out there!
Take Care
Flasheroo

hahahaha... NO problem.. Old guys like me usually just go with the flow of things !! Plus I have very thick skin Cool
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:33 pm

Stingroo wrote:
They look like this:

First "Longroof" 3595710036_large

I like that.. Guess Ill do a little digging locally .. Whats something like that worth ??
Back to top Go down

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:42 pm

I have no idea. I assume a fair bit, since the OCC is sort of rare.

You might be able to do a straight trade with someone for your Impala grille, though.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:59 pm

they look good with ram air hoods too Smile

First "Longroof" DSCN2826

there is a guy on the ISSF fourm right now that has one in a JY near him and it's white..... I was talking to him about some of the cladding.

look in the parts for sale section.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First "Longroof" Empty
PostSubject: Re: First "Longroof"   First "Longroof" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First "Longroof"
Page 1 of 1