GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator Empty
PostSubject: WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator   WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 1:21 pm

As WF FL is always the last weekend in March, this next one should be March 25-27, 2022.

I will be in Hawaii for the 2 weeks running up to the event, and won't be readily available to help organize.

That said, if you all wanna have it, someone else here needs to step in and help with the planning.  It's not that hard only a few things need to happen:

1. Block of Rooms reserved at the Best Western.  Robert (Krzidiamond) usually calls up and gets that set up (I can put you in touch with him)

2.  The slab parking needs to be purchased so we can get the nice spots on the grass.   Again I can hook you up with the Impala guys so the slabs can be adjoining (last year there was a mix up and they were a row over).  The slabs are $25 a piece last time and we got 4. In the past I fronted the $ and collected as part of the BBQ money (about $6-7 a person if the slabs have 4 each).

3. The BBQ.  This is probably the most work.   I can get with Mark or someone else that is reliable and get the grill there.
Fred handles the meat procurement.   One thing I noticed this past year, the AMC club had their grille going right there during the show Saturday, so I saw that as a good option, but open for discussion.

I am hoping to attend, but coming back from a long vacation earlier that same week, there is a good chance I will have to work that weekend and want to put the feelers out there early for someone else to pick up the ball and run with it.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator   WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 2:47 pm

Meat prices will be a little higher this year. I may be able to get NY strip steak at a decent price. If everybody wants filet mignon it will be a bit higher. I was buying whole loins, and cut them into steaks myself, but have not seen them in the store lately.
Back to top Go down
Walterf

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator   WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 9:22 am

I hope you have a good vacation, Sprocket. I'm not high tech enough to act as coordinator but when someone steps forward I will be available to assist them with local arrangements since I live quite close to Daytona. I hopw we can make this happen.

Sprocket likes this post

Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator   WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2021 2:40 am

I'm planning to make it this year. Driving down from jersey. I'm in the market for a black 91-2 olds roof rack cross member, 323 posi complete axle, ???
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator   WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2021 7:24 am

I did talk to Sprocket a few weeks ago, and agreed to help. Don't know why I didn't think to post it here.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator   WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2021 9:58 am

I was contemplating about whether we should have lunch at the track, or dinner at the motel. I would rather be able to go around and look at the cars on Saturday, then cook dinner at the motel in the evening. If we have less than 6 people, going to a restaurant may be a good decision.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator   WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2022 2:54 pm

My wife heard about this at NY wagonfest, (her first ride in the wagon) and wants to attend. Vacation time has been submitted. Can't accomplish much from NJ but hope it is happening.

Fred, i'm easy to please food wise. Anything cow is probably fine. If it ain't moo'd it ain't food
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator   WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2022 7:17 pm

Add your name to the list in the accompanying thread if you want steak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator   WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WagonFest FL 2022 - Needs a coordinator
Page 1 of 1