GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Empty
PostSubject: Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2021 9:16 am

I have a gas tank out of 96 wagon, so it should fit 94-96 Caprice or Roady Wagons.  I believe the TBI wagons are a different tank.  I also have a new set of Spectrum tank straps (ST185?).  I can ship any of it, but would rather not ship if I do not have to.  Shipping costs would be paid by the buyer.  Located in Sanford, NC (40 min south of Raleigh).

$175 for the tank
$50 for the straps
Together $200

Pricing is OBO.  I have been out of the wagon game for some time, so if my pricing is off please let me know.  Many more parts to come, LMK if you need something.  I have recently had surgery so I cannot get up in my attic to take pictures just yet.  As I can take picture I will post them.  I do not get on this page as often as I should, so please reach out to me on Facebook or call/text 919 seven zero four 1202.

Coming soon - Impala SS wheels (good used set with small clear-coat issues), rear window glass, quarter glass, tan/sand driver side front door panel (VERY NICE SHAPE), misc Tan Bonnie seats, inside door trim, Roady Wagon stainless steel belt-line trim, door switches, sail panels, air dams, tailgate hinge set up, etc..... It will all be cross posted on Facebook as well.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2021 11:24 am

Hey Tim

Still have the Bleeder Valves? If you do I'll take two.

thanks

Tom

T
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Bleeder Valves   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2021 11:31 am

Yessir I do. I can ship a couple to you. I will PM my PayPal info, please reply with your address and I will get them out to you.

Thanks Tom!!!

silverfox103 wrote:
Hey Tim

Still have the Bleeder Valves?  If you do I'll take two.

thanks

Tom

T
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2021 5:12 pm

Thanks again Tom, I dropped them off at the Post Office this afternoon.

silverfox103 wrote:
Hey Tim

Still have the Bleeder Valves?  If you do I'll take two.

thanks

Tom

T
Back to top Go down
dwardo

PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 10:26 pm

Hi, Tim. Good luck with the recovery and I'm in the same boat myself. Do you have the rear inner door panels for this car? I understand it's in tan, which is what I need. They should be basically intact and usable but I can work with panels that are not too great. The weird insulation material that goes behind them would be nice too.

I will also be looking for a bunch of the white plastic clips that hold the upper fake wood grain to the studs on the body. I have a feeling that I'm going to be breaking a bunch ...
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2021 9:12 am

I will check my attic to see if I have any rear panels, but I doubt it. I may have some of the trim clips, these are pretty easy to remove without breaking. I used a pocket knife, rolled the trim out a bit and just touch the top legs of the clips and they pop out. Give me a day or two to get into my attic.

dwardo wrote:
Hi, Tim. Good luck with the recovery and I'm in the same boat myself. Do you have the rear inner door panels for this car? I understand it's in tan, which is what I need. They should be basically intact and usable but I can work with panels that are not too great. The weird insulation material that goes behind them would be nice too.

I will also be looking for a bunch of the white plastic clips that hold the upper fake wood grain to the studs on the body. I have a feeling that I'm going to be breaking a bunch ...
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 4:58 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Thanks again Tom, I dropped them off at the Post Office this afternoon.

They arrived Saturday, thanks Tim.

Tom
Back to top Go down
dwardo

PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 9:12 pm

I always carried an extra starter, water pump, alternator, hoses, and "T's" etc.  But the only time I've broke down, with LT1 cars, in 23 years, I didn't have an extra transmission; 700 miles from home.

That sounds familiar. I have a lot of seat time in Hudsons since the early 70s. At times they were even my DD, but back then you could go Two Guys (local store) and buy 6v headlights and coils. My uncle and I took many long trips in more recent years and we always carried starter, generator, water pump, fan belt, voltage regulator, plugs, distributor already gapped, plug wires, coil, fuel pump, head gasket, rubber bushings for the center driveshaft bearing (don't ask), oil, trans fluid for the Hydramatic, wiring kit, and enough tools to replace any of those. It was quite a load in the trunk but they are big cars.

For that reason, I know I'm not overthinking my upgrades to the Buick. I won't do anything too exotic or custom because I want to be able to find anything except for the opti or water pump at the NAPA in Red Boiling Springs, TN (a real place). That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Back to top Go down
dwardo

PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 9:34 pm

...and I don't remember really breaking down, not once. There was a weird squealing noise coming from under the hood of the '53 Hornet in Auburn, IN. It ran fine but it was making me crazy. Turned out that the nuts holding the intake manifold had backed off just a little, permitting a small but noisy vacuum leak. That taught me to be careful where I use stainless fasteners. They are so smooth that if you can't torque something a lot and can't use lock washers they might back off. The '54 Super Wasp did catch fire in Orlando, in the middle of a major monsoon. That taught me to use voltmeters rather than ammeters under the dash, and to never use an oil pressure gauge with a hard line inside the car. Electric is so much nicer. Something about wire harness catching on fire because I turned the heater fan up to get a little defrost, which ignited the oil line to the oil gauge. 40psi hot oil squirting into the car and being ignited was rather exciting and that car would have burned to the waterline if we hadn't had a fire extinguisher on board. Lesson there too. And another one about patching 60 year old cotton covered wires that maybe mice have been nibbling on. I was afraid to do much work on modern cars before I got the Roadmaster but I must say all those weatherproof connectors and having lots of fuses and relays is kinda nice. Lesson there too. Aren't cars fun?
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2022 3:33 pm

Do you still have the tan bonnie seats? Are they fabric or leather?

Thanks,

Tom
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2022 4:08 pm

Isurf wrote:
Do you still have the tan bonnie seats? Are they fabric or leather?

Thanks,

Tom

They are leather. One is a 12 way and the other is a 6 way.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2022 7:45 am

PM sent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come   Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS  -  Much more to come Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas Tank & New Gas Tank Straps FS - Much more to come
Page 1 of 1