GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rivnut

Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW   Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 5:04 pm

Looking for a patch panel for the right rear quarter. The rocker panel and part of the spare tire well.
16" or back from the wheel opening and about 6" up from the bottom of the rocker. I also need the part
that makes up the bottom part of the spare tire well.
Thanks for any help or leads,
Ed
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW   Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 5:54 pm

have you confirmed your inner wheel well is good and doesn't need any work, as on my 94 someone punched 6 holes through it which seems to be the primary cause of the rust on my right-hand quarter panel
Back to top Go down
Rivnut

PostSubject: Re: Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW   Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 10:23 pm

I'll do that when I get a chance. About 20 minutes after I posted my request, it started raining and hasn't quit. I'll take a look tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW   Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 5:34 pm

there is a yard in Fresno Califonria that has an olds, Buick and caprice wagon, but only the olds and caprice have good quarters and they do ship but they do seem to have difficulty returning calls even for estimates.

Turners Auto Wrecking Inc
4248 South Willow Ave Fresno, CA 93725
559-237-0918

otherwise try hollanderparts.com as thats where I found them and several other yards, and they seem to keep better updated then car-part.com
Back to top Go down
Rivnut

PostSubject: Re: Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW   Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 7:44 pm

I found a couple of Roadmaster and Caprice sedans in the local U-pull-it yards. My question is “ other than the spare tire well, are the rear lower panels behind the wheel arch the same on the wagons and the sedans?” Thanks. Ed
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW   Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 8:01 pm

the wheel arch and inner wheel well are probably the same but the rear lower behind I don't know, it might be shorter as it doesn't have that spare tire well to hide, you'd probably have to figure out some way to measure or compare the two.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW   Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 6:08 am

""other than the spare tire well, are the rear lower panels behind the wheel arch the same on the wagons and the sedans?”

No

Rivnut likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rivnut

PostSubject: Re: Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW   Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 2:57 pm

Now to see if I can find a battery powered sawzall.😁
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW   Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 5:26 pm

harbor freight has some, and the black and decker matrix drill has a sawzall attachment that from my experience works pretty good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW   Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patch panel for RR quarter 94 RMW
Page 1 of 1