GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brake caliper bolt size?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Isurf

Isurf

Brake caliper bolt size? Empty
PostSubject: Brake caliper bolt size?   Brake caliper bolt size? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 1:31 pm

Dumb question of the day: what size socket do I need to remove my front calipers? My old GM brake socket is in hiding, and I suspect things may have changed since the mid 70's

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Brake caliper bolt size?   Brake caliper bolt size? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 3:14 pm

I think OEM were all Torx, but all the replacement bolts are allen head bolts. You might have both in place, I did when I got it. The adapter bolts are metric hex heads.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Brake caliper bolt size?   Brake caliper bolt size? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 3:39 pm

Thanks!
All done,
Had the GM since forever 3/8" hex. Bought a new one, guaranteed I will find the lost one tomorrow.

Last edited by Isurf on Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sprocket likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Brake caliper bolt size?   Brake caliper bolt size? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 7:28 pm

Just did the brakes on the wagon and the originals as booster mentioned were torx the replacements I got from Raybestos (Rock Auto)were allen head
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brake caliper bolt size?   Brake caliper bolt size? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brake caliper bolt size?
Page 1 of 1