GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steering Wheel Replacement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
higgo9673

Steering Wheel Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Steering Wheel Replacement   Steering Wheel Replacement Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2022 6:57 pm

Good evening.

New here so hopefully I am doing this correctly

I have a 1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon and the steering wheel is in bad shape. I found one off a 95 Park Avenue that is in really good shape but it has the steering wheel controls on it.

Will I be able to use this one or do I need to get one that does not have the controls on it.

Thanks for any advise
Mike
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Steering Wheel Replacement   Steering Wheel Replacement Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2022 7:34 pm

As long as they have the same splines it will fit just fine. I installed a Monte Carlo wheel with controls on a previous wagon. To use them you must grab the clock spring from the Park Avenue and install it in your wagon. It also requires an adapter and a radio that is compatible with the controls which I don't think your factory one is. Don't know for sure because the radio is the first thing to get replaced when I bring a car home.
Back to top Go down
higgo9673

PostSubject: Re: Steering Wheel Replacement   Steering Wheel Replacement Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2022 8:00 pm

Thanks for the info. Should be the same splines so going to take a chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steering Wheel Replacement   Steering Wheel Replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steering Wheel Replacement
Page 1 of 1