GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daveh

93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon Empty
PostSubject: 93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon   93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2022 10:11 pm

Hi , as the heading says I’m trying to find out if 93 sedan rear seats will fit in a 93 wagon without too much drama ? Here in New Zealand parts are very rare
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon   93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2022 12:20 pm

I swapped a 95 sedan seat into a 95 wagon.  91 to 93 are not the same but close.  The bottom of the seat should snap right in.  The cover from the sedan seat back will have to be made to fit the wagon back seat.  Use the hard plastic and foam from the wagon and the sedan cover.  You will probably have to have an upholsterer do some work, but not much.

All in all not a bad job.  I had a post on it but that was 15 to 20 years ago.  Maybe someone will drop in with my post, or I will find it.

Good Luck

Tom

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Daveh

PostSubject: Re: 93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon   93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2022 10:13 pm

Ah problem is I don’t currently have a rear seat , it was used as a hearse before I got it so didn’t come with a rear seat . The roadmaster is very rare here in New Zealand and I only know of this one sedan being parted out
silverfox103 wrote:
I swapped a 95 sedan seat into a 95 wagon.  91 to 93 are not the same but close.  The bottom of the seat should snap right in.  The cover from the sedan seat back will have to be made to fit the wagon back seat.  Use the hard plastic and foam from the wagon and the sedan cover.  You will probably have to have an upholsterer do some work, but not much.

All in all not a bad job.  I had a post on it but that was 15 to 20 years ago.  Maybe someone will drop in with my post, or I will find it.

Good Luck

Tom
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon   93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2022 4:36 pm

Daveh wrote:
Ah problem is I don’t currently have a rear seat , it was used as a hearse before I got it so didn’t come with a rear seat . The roadmaster is very rare here in New Zealand and I only know of this one sedan being parted out

Ugh....that does create a problem.  Just a guess, you probably going to  have to take out the floor or at least part of it.  The bottom of the seat probably will still work, as where it snaps in is still on the floor pan.  You're going to have to figure out the back of the seat.  Maybe even a complete seat (front or back) from a different car can be made to work.

You may even want to post your question over at the Cadillac forum.  The Fleetwood hearses are a cousin to the Roadmaster hearses.  There are a few guys that have hearse's over there.  They might be able to help you.

https://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-deville-fleetwood-brougham-19xx-1996.97/

Poke around here, you may find some info:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=fleetwood+hearse+rear+seat#ip=1

I know there is a solution, but you're going to have to find it.

Good Luck

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon   93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

93 sedan rear seat in 93 wagon
Page 1 of 1