GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Naked pics under the hood please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Isurf

Isurf

Naked pics under the hood please Empty
PostSubject: Naked pics under the hood please   Naked pics under the hood please Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 1:23 pm

Can anyone post a photo of the underside of a hood without the insulation? I'm looking for a mounting location for a potential project.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Naked pics under the hood please   Naked pics under the hood please Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2023 8:07 pm

Found this on FB.

Naked pics under the hood please I9ODT7z
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Naked pics under the hood please   Naked pics under the hood please Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2023 8:53 pm

94Woody wrote:
Found this on FB.

Now that is interesting. Only good as sits as a drag car though. Exhaust out through the hood? No air cleaner.

I love turbo V8s and had a twin turbo 340 Dodge Challenger that I built from the ground up in 1988. Even had to make my own exhaust manifolds and modify carb intakes for port injection. Put in a Richmond 5 speed. Very fun car at 14 psi boost and brutally fast for 1988 time frame but would be MEH now. We had it for 30 years without any engine failures running at 600hp and 600 torque. It got 19mpg on the highway besides.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Naked pics under the hood please   Naked pics under the hood please Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 5:53 pm

booster wrote:
94Woody wrote:
Found this on FB.

Now that is interesting.  Only good as sits as a drag car though.  Exhaust out through the hood?  No air cleaner.

I love turbo V8s and had a twin turbo 340 Dodge Challenger that I built from the ground up in 1988.  Even had to make my own exhaust manifolds and modify carb intakes for port injection.  Put in a Richmond 5 speed.  Very fun car at 14 psi boost and brutally fast for 1988 time frame but would be MEH now.  We had it for 30 years without any engine failures running at 600hp and 600 torque. It got 19mpg on the highway besides.

They posted a new picture this morning. Some idiot ran off the street and into the garage hitting the wagon in the rear.

Look close at most any turbo race car these days. They have screens over the inlet and the exhaust is either out the hood, through or under the fenders.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Naked pics under the hood please   Naked pics under the hood please Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 10:06 pm

Thank you, now to figure out placement for my hood tach.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175537415679
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naked pics under the hood please   Naked pics under the hood please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naked pics under the hood please
Page 1 of 1