GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Push button to open glass

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JedBet96

Push button to open glass Empty
PostSubject: Push button to open glass   Push button to open glass Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2024 7:48 am

Hello all my 96 wagon's push button to open the rear glass used to work flawless every time I pressed it. Recently I had some stuff in the rear and it banged the inside a bit, nothing too drastic but after that, the push button stopped activating the solenoid. The inside switch works fine and the solenoid sounds strong. I pulled the rear panel to access it and I see nothing obvious, the solenoid is tight with no screws out and all connections seem to be ok. I'm leaning towards the little plastic cam switch. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Push button to open glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push button to open glass   Push button to open glass Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2024 9:01 am

It could also be the lock linkage. If the switch at the lower latch does not recognize that the gate is unlocked, the exterior button will not work.

JedBet96 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Push button to open glass
Page 1 of 1