GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NHroadmasterLR

Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too. Empty
PostSubject: Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too.   Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2024 11:15 am

Looking for the passenger side flyaway panel on the rear door for my 94 Roadmaster Wagon. Could also use any advice on how to keep them from flying away. Also need a front air dam if anyone has one. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Eds rmw

PostSubject: Re: Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too.   Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2024 10:50 pm

I have both available used. Do you need all the pieces of the air dam ?
Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too.   Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2024 11:11 am

some people recommend not relying on 30 year old plastic tabs and a screw to keep them on and instead suggest also gluing them on a bit more permanently. I've been tempted to do that before mine suffer the same fate. Otherwise, i think if there are suitable tab replacements for the three tabs that hold them in, that might be better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
WhiteBird

WhiteBird

PostSubject: Re: Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too.   Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 7:24 am

Dear Mr., NHroadmasterLH. Good day to you Sir. If you are referring to the front air inlet grilles?
They are left and right hand (two sections) and held in by screws and push pins plus another couple of small pieces. I also have then. They would be off the 96 RMW that I am parting out. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too.   Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too. Icon_minitimeToday at 4:09 pm

I would use body panel adhesive to install the flyaway panels. Since one came off, you should reattach both of them. Make sure you thoroughly clean the surfaces to be glued, and rough them up with some fairly course sandpaper so the glue has something to bite into. Use the ends to align the panel and hold it in place while the glue sets. You can not release the clips that hold the pins, so that is a non starter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too.   Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flyaway panel flew away and missing the front air dam too.
Page 1 of 1