GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho

Go down 
+12
Sprocket
lornejay1
95BRMW
toomanytoyz
BigBlackBeaSSt
phantom 309
Bewber
brokecello
louriv
stockfornow
81X11
DBeaSSt
16 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Empty
PostSubject: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi to all,

I'm the 2nd owner of a '96 Collector's white wagon with wood trim and tan leather interior. It's completely stock and in fair cosmetic condition after many Minnesota winters but very good mechanical condition. Mileage is 133k. MPG has ranged in the mid to upper '20's on the road but only in the mid teens in town.

It's going to be my tow car for a 30 foot travel tailer. I'll be upgrading from a Class 1 to a Class 3 receiver hitch (both aftermarket Draw-Tite) in the next week in preparation for the first tow. Yes, my Roadmaster has the factory tow package.

The info I've read in this forum has been most helpful and appreciated. Thanks to all for taking the time to write and share; I hope to do the same.

'96 Boise Buick
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Welcome aboard! Love to see some pictures, with the trailer in tow even. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Mike,

Thanks for the welcome. Will post pics at some point, including vintage travel trailer in tow, but busy now with much to do on car.

Doug
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:24 pm

As a fellow owner of a white 96 wagon I'd love to see pics of yours when you can.

Welcome!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
louriv

louriv

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:34 pm

From one newbie to another, welcome! This is is a great site with alot of really cool cars and very knowledgeable bunch of guys. I hope you have as much fun as I do just clicking around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HippodromeGourmetCandles.com
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:54 pm

Welcome! Smile Glad you are here....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Hello to ALL - from beautiful, sunny Flint, Michigan!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:35 pm

Bewber wrote:

pepper spray n tasers' still on sale??

nick
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Welcome.......................

We need pictures of the trailer and car together.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:26 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Bewber wrote:

pepper spray n tasers' still on sale??

nick

In all honesty, I wouldn't have the first clue where to even shop for either of those things.

Were you asking for me, or for this Boise-in-the-hood new guy? He probably doesn't need one either.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Welcome aboard. Smile

I'd love to see the vintage trailer, too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: More Pictures Towing Please   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:46 pm

Theres something about our wagons pulling a camping trailer,kinda like they were meant to be.Reminds me of a time
in the distant past when families enjoyed spending time together without all the outside interuptions.Before cell
phones,texting,Twitter and Facebook.Many fond memories of playing gin rummy and monopoly by the lantern swatting
all those damn bugs!Forget it I am going back inside to my computer.
Take Care
Jim aka Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Welcome! Would love to see that wagon and trailer!
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Buick1

Welcome. Hope you post some pics.

Having owned 3 trailers including a 31 ft airstream, (above is 27ft) ,I can honestly say I would never tow anything over 5000 lbs with coil springs.

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:19 pm

Welcome aboard. obviously we like pictures, words are too complicated for us wagon folk, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:17 am

Bewber wrote:

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

COL

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:07 am

Hello From Lincoln City Oregon Coast (just moved from Boise).

I have been hauling a 22' Airstream for years with a 1958 Cadillac. Last week I sold the Caddy and bought a low mileage 1992 Olds Custom Crusier. It has factory tow package but no hitch.

Now I am looking for a class three hitch. Draw tite #33003 or 75146 looks like it would fit but they say the only one for the car is a class 2 with 1 1/4" reciever. What have you installed?

Any tips from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks
COL
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:44 am

Welcome aboard, Boise!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:01 pm

Welcome aboard 96BoiseBuick and COL.

And COL, are you a junk yard hound? meaning do you yard hop? I only ask because I use to do business with a guy out there and he use to email with all the neat stuff he would find in the yards out there. Anyway welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:49 pm

What a weird thread. Boise is long gone over a year ago, and we have an anonymous 'guest' who quotes Bewber.
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Probably my fault....

I saw the post from COL and responded to the Boise intro without noticing that COL's post was tacked on to an ancient thread.

Moderator; should we move COL's post to a new thread?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Good luck with the hitch. They are getting hard to find.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:36 am

Roady,
I just moved to the Oregon Coast so don't even know where a yard is yet. I am just trying to tap into information from you guys to find a 2" Class three hitch to put on my new Olds Cruiser.
COL
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:10 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Good luck with the hitch. They are getting hard to find.
and this... is why we hoard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho   Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello to all from new member in Boise IDaho
Page 1 of 1