GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.

Go down 
+9
phantom 309
81X11
94Woody
lornejay1
Sprocket
95BRMW
jayoldschool
Krzdimond
IMPALADAKID
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Empty
PostSubject: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 7:56 pm

Wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday.
I found these on ebay for $104 shipped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-92-93-94-95-96-CHEVY-CAPRICE-LS-CLEAR-HEADLIGHT-PAIR-/170390266262?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ac0d2196
They even have the little light deflector in front of the bulbs. HIDs are also on the way. cheers

Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights001
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights003
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights002

Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 7:57 pm

So I finished installing them today, and took Bill's advice, and used the corners that came with them instead of the clear corners I already had.
I had to use the dremel on the turn signal sockets, and the grinder on the corners, as they hit the headlight lense when installed.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!cheers So much better than stock both in form, and function. I may try to find some matching clear corners without the amber dot, but other than that. I will take the car to work tomorrow to get them aimed. And Monday my HIDs should be here, and I will have real modern safe lighting.

Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights001-1
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights002-1
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights006-1
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights003-1
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights005-1
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights004-1
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights009
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights008-1
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights010
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights011
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights012
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:35 pm

SHAAWHEET!!!

I ASSume that the lenses are plastic? How's the quality of build?

Can you get a pic of the light pattern against the house and on the road?

I know, I know, lots of questions, but 50% of my drive time is in the dark and we all know how the stock lights are.......

Oh, almost forgot, get some clear coat with the UV protectant in it and spray the lights to keep them from turning yellow....
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
SHAAWHEET!!!

I ASSume that the lenses are plastic? How's the quality of build?

Can you get a pic of the light pattern against the house and on the road?

I know, I know, lots of questions, but 50% of my drive time is in the dark and we all know how the stock lights are.......

Oh, almost forgot, get some clear coat with the UV protectant in it and spray the lights to keep them from turning yellow....
I have not got them aimed yet, but I can tell you that they are worth their weight in gold. The light pattern seems a bit scattered, but is so much better than the two little spots it lit up before. The highs are sweet as well. I decided I needed them once I found out the car was going to be my daily driver for awile, so I needed good lighting. I got them for $104 shipped off ebay.

The lense is clear plastic. I am planning to clear them in the spring. Wink
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Get the Silverstar turn signal/running light bulbs for the "inboard" positions. They are coated, and give no amber reflection, but light amber when on.

LOL... they want $95 for shipping to Canada. They should just say "we are really lazy, and don't like taking the five seconds to fill out the customs tag, so if you REALLY want them, give us an extra C note and we'll ship them out."
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Lookin good! I bought a similar set for my RMW last year and love them, such an improvement over the stocks. One big difference I notice is yours have a reflector over the bulb, which mine does not. Tim actually put some reflective tape on the top of the lens to try to deflect it down some on his. Hows the light pattern yours puts out? Does it blind anyone?
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:58 pm

95BRMW wrote:
Lookin good! I bought a similar set for my RMW last year and love them, such an improvement over the stocks. One big difference I notice is yours have a reflector over the bulb, which mine does not. Tim actually put some reflective tape on the top of the lens to try to deflect it down some on his. Hows the light pattern yours puts out? Does it blind anyone?
I have no idea yet, but after I get them aimed, I plan on trying them out tomorrow night, and posting my results, and pictures of the light on the road ahead of me.

These are by far the best deal anywhere on these lights, and having the reflector is a bonus I was not expecting. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:14 am

those look really nice, but in Florida we have Soooooooooo many damn streetlights, I don't even need the crappy stock ones, lol.
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: UPDATE   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:45 am

Update: These things rock. If someone is looking for an inexpensive mod, these are it. The light ahead of the car went from two spots on the road to everything ahead of the car lit up, with a defined cutoff point at the top. The sides are a bit scattered, but who cares. It is like adding fog lights to the car. My work spent $1700 on a headlight aiming tool, that proved to be useless. So I aimed them myself off a wall. I have not gotten one person flash me as of yet, and I even passed two police cruisers.
The high beams are just wow. While there is a cutoff of light at the top, the light just goes everywhere, but everywhere I would want it. Like I said, if you are looking for a form meets function mod, these are it. Not perfect, but light years better than stock.

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:13 pm

saved seller Smile man I need to sell some stuff so I can get me some Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Stuff like... SS wheels? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:08 am

thanks for the info, just orderd 2 sets. nice price!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: A Big Thank You   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:25 am

Hey Billy Mac I just wanted to thank you for all the great pics.I ordered a set last nite and hope to have them by the weekend.I already have the SilverStar bulbs.I have a brand new set of the same headlight covers but probably will
never use because these headlights look so good.
I too have access to a fancy aiming tool but I also have a spot at my old high school and prefer to aim my headlights
this way and nobody has ever flashed their lights at me.Please keep up with all the pics and helpful hints
Thanks and Take care
Jim aka Flasheroo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:30 pm

I never knew they made machines to aim headlights. LOL I just do it the old fashioned way against the side of the house.
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:58 pm

Just installed the HIDs. Those puppys are bright. I have no excuse for not seeing anything at night. affraid
Should have some good pics tonight. Cool

Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:48 pm

With HID 6000k hi/lo kit installed.

With cool blue stock syle 9004
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights005-1
With low beam HID, which is NOT connected to the Ballast, but part of the dual HID bulb.
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights005-2
High beam HID bulb powered by ballast
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights007-2

Low beam
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights014
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights017

High beam
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights015
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights018
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Huge improvement! How do those HIDs work? The set I have is a single HID lamp powered by a balast. When you switch the high beams on, a solenoid pulls the lamp inward into the socket to spread the light further.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: My New Headlights Are Missing Something   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:26 pm

Just got my new headlights and they are both missing the round diffuser bulb are the low beam side.Emailed the company and they want a bunch of pics including the shipping label.
My question is how will the beam be affected without the diffuser?
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Looking Good Bill. They are the best $$ I spent for sure.

your wagon is looking better every time I see pics. Love the Fishaa Hood.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Just got my new headlights and they are both missing the round diffuser bulb are the low beam side.Emailed the company and they want a bunch of pics including the shipping label.
Jim Gordon

Its hard to say. My set I bought last year didn't have them either. I have regular bulbs and its fine without them. I can't really compare to the ones with the diffusers as HIDs seem to have a different light pattern.
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Jim Gordon
Did you order from the link I posted?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:00 pm

If so, I won't buy from them cause it sounds like they don't wanna stand behind the product.

Shame because they look good and I wanted a set Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Yes I Did   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Impapla Kid I bought from the same people you did,same link and all.If the missing diffuser or whatever its called
doesnt make a diff I will probably use them anyway.They appear to be very well made but I dont appreciate the
way they want all these pics when they know that I bought a set from them and they already have proof.
Piss poor way of doing business if they knowingly shipped a different style of headlights to me and were hoping I
wouldnt notice the diff.
Hey Billy did you happen to see if manufacture name anywhere on your set?
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Good Lord those look bright. One of my few complaints on my wagon is how dim the low beams are. Cool mod!
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:58 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Impapla Kid I bought from the same people you did,same link and all.If the missing diffuser or whatever its called
doesnt make a diff I will probably use them anyway.They appear to be very well made but I dont appreciate the
way they want all these pics when they know that I bought a set from them and they already have proof.
Piss poor way of doing business if they knowingly shipped a different style of headlights to me and were hoping I
wouldnt notice the diff.
Jim Gordon
Sorry to hear that. They should stand behind thier product. I am starting to regret posting the link now. I had no issues, and got a good product, and just wanted to pass that on.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:21 am

Can you use a left diffuser on the right light that is missing? At least you would have two complete sets (one with diffusers, one without...)
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:57 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Can you use a left diffuser on the right light that is missing? At least you would have two complete sets (one with diffusers, one without...)

HUH??
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:25 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
wouldnt notice the diff.
Jim Gordon
Post up some pictures of the pair you got if you would. I would like to see yours compared to mine.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:29 am

Mine don't have the diffusers and the light output is great with the HID's. Although, I assume that it would be even better with the diffusers. But when I bought these things more than a year ago, they didn't have them on any of them. Those diffusers must be a production change recently, which explains why some of yours have them and some don't. If the seller is being a PITA, just take one of the left with the diffuser apart, remove the diffuser and put it in one of the rights, assuming they are easily replacable. That's what I'd do, anyways. They are still kickass lights, especially for the money you guys got them for. Smile
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Quote :
just take one of the left with the diffuser apart, remove the diffuser and put it in one of the rights, assuming they are easily replacable. That's what I'd do, anyways.

That is exactly what I said, too. Maybe Nick will understand you better...
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:25 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Quote :
just take one of the left with the diffuser apart, remove the diffuser and put it in one of the rights, assuming they are easily replacable. That's what I'd do, anyways.

That is exactly what I said, too. Maybe Nick will understand you better...

no,. wtf,. left? right ?? low beam, high beam??? wtf?? aren't they single bulb??

i,m confused,.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:38 pm

I'm assuming it's just a little universal half moon shield that snaps into the 9004 opening on the inside of the bucket/lense assembly. Remember Nick, these cars have a SINGLE light bulb, a 9004, for both high and low, so I'm not sure what you don't follow. Wink
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Actually, the "bukets" look to be different with the diffuser.

With:
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. 10-15248

Without:
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Hlop-impa914p-cha
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:43 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Actually, the "bukets" look to be different with the diffuser.

With:
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. 10-15248

Without:
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Hlop-impa914p-cha
And the diffuser is metal, and screws to a nub at the bottom of the housing.
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights003
Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Headlights002
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:47 pm

I am just as confused as Phantom.

He bought a pair of these lights. They do not have the diffuser in them. So how in the world is he gonna remove a diffuser from the left and install it in the right when they would only have one diffuser per light and he is missing his? What sense would that even make, is it better to have a diffuser on the right as opposed to left? Did he buy two sets and only the left light in each set has a diffuser?

My head hurts.

He also said he is missing the diffuser on the low beam side. The lights use ONE bulb how can there be a low beam only side??

I haven't paid much attention to these fancy lights and am possibly missing something.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:55 pm

I thought there were two pairs involved. I must learn to read betterer. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Let Me Verify   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:00 pm

Sorry guys if I confused some of you.I ordered the clear lense from the same people as Impala Kid and my lenses came without any diffusers
at all period.I described the lights wrong when I said the low beam side.
Hope That Helps
Jim Gordon
Billy Mac pics will be shown once I get my camera back!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:46 pm

"Ah, I see", said the blind man.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:59 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Remember Nick, these cars have a SINGLE light bulb, a 9004, for both high and low, so I'm not sure what you don't follow. Wink

wth billy,. you tink i just got on the bus yesterday>>??? true i certainly don't have the experience you do with different headlights etc,. BUT i sure as ffffft know they only got one bulb,. i think i actually changed one once,. DUH,... Question

so now that nothing makes sense,. Suspect and folks can see it isn't me thats lost my fucking mind,. affraid READ the text properly,. and then question whats written ,. don't be a sheep,. There is NO separate high low beam buckets on STOCK headlights,.1 bulb,. yada yada,. so who thre fk is the dummies here now?? Rolling Eyes
Now you'all apoloigise to the short fat bald guy that reads SLooowwwlllyyy. geek
jeezwiz,. scratch

Nick cheers

enough smilies for all?? meh.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:35 pm

true story: I was watching Casino tonight, and I feel like I personally know Joe Pesci. (and Nick, just in case: that's a compliment)

DeNiro's character had this to say about his buddy "Nick" (played by Pesci):

No matter how big a guy might be, Nicky would take him on. You beat Nicky with fists, he comes back with a bat. You beat him with a knife, he comes back with a gun. And if you beat him with a gun, you better kill him, because he'll keep comin' back and back until one of you is dead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Important Question   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:50 pm

With this groups almost infinite knowledge about aftermarket headlights here is the question.What is the advantage/
disadvantage of one style of clear headlights over the other?
My set is the clears with no diffuser and I will be using the Sylvania Ultras.I am curious about excess heat if any
that may occur during a long overnite trip say to next years Wagonfest.I have seen pics of these style headlights with the area directly in front of the bulbs melting but that was with HID bulbs.
Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:41 am

Flasheroo wrote:
With this groups almost infinite knowledge about aftermarket headlights here is the question.What is the advantage/
disadvantage of one style of clear headlights over the other?
My set is the clears with no diffuser and I will be using the Sylvania Ultras.I am curious about excess heat if any
that may occur during a long overnite trip say to next years Wagonfest.I have seen pics of these style headlights with the area directly in front of the bulbs melting but that was with HID bulbs.
Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!
Jim Gordon
I think you are talking about toomanytoyz headlight thread. Found here. https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/electrical-f31/the-i-can-t-believe-crovo-did-another-headlight-thread-thread-t458.htm?highlight=another+headlight+thread
He installed a bixenon style bulb that reqired taking the lense off the capsule to install. The lense of the bulb sat very close to the lense of the headlamp. You will not have any problems with 9004 regular style or 9004 HID style bulbs causing too much heat.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 7:32 pm

What he said ^^^^^^ Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Thanks a lot guys!I guess I am keeping these clear headlights as the shipper wants these back before they ship me the ones with the diffusers and I cant even find out if they still have the diffuser style headlights in stock.I guess for the
price we paid we shouldnt expect much customer service.
Thanks Again Guys
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Bull. One should always get good customer service, regardless of the price paid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:19 pm

94Woody wrote:
Bull. One should always get good customer service, regardless of the price paid.

What he said. I'm one of those people who raises hell until everything is EXACTLY how I paid for it, no matter what. Haven't lost a customer service battle to date. king
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Especially from someone with a positive feedback of almost 98% on over 65,000 transactions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Yeah. You would think they would at the very least give a damn about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Guys they wanted to email me a pickup slip for UPS but I dont have a printer and then they said they dont mail those
pickup slips.I then asked if they even had any of the clear headlights with the diffuser left in stock and that was the
last I heard them.I am not very impressed with this company so far.
Again Thanks
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:37 pm

They may also be drop shipped to you from a warehouse somewhere. So they may not even be able to put their hands on them to check for you. Just a thought...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.   Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Euro Headlights for my 1A2 wagon. WOW these things rock.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next