GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Empty
PostSubject: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi all,

Again not really wagon related but I know you liked the pics last time so here we go again.

Spent all day today riding motorcyles west of Austin in the Texas Hill Country with my Dad. Me on the yellow Magna and he on the big gold Road Star. Great day, upper 70's, perfect blue sky, great roads and great views. Heaven.

We put over 300 miles on the bikes. Rode from Austin to Blanco to Luckenbach, then to Fredericksburg, north to Llano and back across Lake Buchannan and Burnet to Georgetown and back to Austin. A huge circle full of twists, turns, dips, hills, and fast straights. Lord the hill country is just my favorite playground in the world!

ANYWAY for you country buffs we stopped in Luckenbach for a good hour and had some beers under the oak trees there. This is the "town" made famous by Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings. It's just a bar, dance hall, general store and an outdoor stage where cool cars and motorcyles show up, people strum guitars, and if you're lucky...like today, there is a live band. Had a girl there today from Nashville with tattoos up both arms and a hell of a voice. Lots of nice motorcycles there too, along with the North Texas Camaro Club in the parking lot. VERY COOL!

After Luckenbach we rode to Fredericksburg to see my buddy Rich and check out all the latest cars at Street Dreams. Some awesome cars today. A 70 SS 396 Chevelle with a 4spd I'd give my right arm for, and a 91 Silverado 454SS, which was always one of my dream vehicles. Lots of other gorgeous stuff too....including a Caddy ragtop that has Bill's name all over it.

Got home about an hour ago. My back and rear end hurt, face is sunburned, I'm tired and sore, but a really good ride and good time with my Dad. Can think of much worse ways to spend a Saturday.

Anyway, enjoy the pics!

-Mike

The Road Star and Magna with the other bikes at Luckenbach:
Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC002

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC003

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC010

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC011

The Luckenbach general store and bar
Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC005

The Luckenbach bathrooms...ha!
Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC006

Out back under the oak trees at Luckenbach...free concert...great afternoon.
Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC004

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC008

North Texas Camaro Club members at Street Derams
Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC012

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC013

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC014

Inside Street Dream Today...let the drooling start now!!

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC015

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC048

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC016

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC049

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC017

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC018

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC019

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC020

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC021

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC022

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC023

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC024

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC025

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC026
Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC027

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC028

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC029

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC032

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC030

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC031

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC033

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC034

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC035

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC036

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC037

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC038

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC039

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC040

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC041

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC042

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC043

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC044

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC046

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC045

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC047

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 11:28 pm

AWESOME PICS MIKE and I am back to hating you again.Wish I could still ride,but I dont think
my back or legs could handle it anymore.I thought the only hill country you Texans had were
the parking lot speed bumps and everything else was as flat as Twiggys chest.Wow am I feeling
old right about now.Looks like you guys had a great time and a safe ride which is the most
important thing.Thanks for always giving us these great pics and narration to go along with
them.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Oh god, there are some cars in that museum I would sell body parts to own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 11:59 pm

Hey Ray there are bunch of your body parts that I would sell or trade for a few of the cars
in this museum.Damn those are some beautiful cars and all of them look like they get driven
fairly often and are not trailer queens.Boy do they bring back some great memories.
Again Mike Awesome Pics
Take Care
Jim Gordon aka Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:07 am

All of those are for sale. Street Dreams buys and sells classic cars and deals with auctions like Mecum, Russo and Steele, and Barrett-Jackson. My buddy Rich is involved with the company. He's the guy that I got my 88 Cutlass from and the guy that bought my 89 Custom Cruiser from me....it went to auction and is now in Kansas City...poor thing.

I make a point to stop in whenever I'm in Fredericksburg....and I keep begging for a job there.. ; )

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:37 am

Hey Jim, I agree most people think Texas is flat and full of cactus but the hill country is just awesome. Not what you would expect at all. It runs from just north and west of San Antonio up west of Austin and north west of Killeen and Waco. When friends come visit we always go out there, and the general comment is "I can't believe THIS is Texas". ; )

Tons of hills, dips, turns, cliffs, twists, smooth 2-lane rollercoaster roads with almost no police enforcement. Lots of lakes and streams, awesome views....and awesome roads. It's automotive and motorcycle Nirvana. ; )

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/SouthWest/TX/TX_3.shtml

This is just north of Fredericksburg Texas near Enchanted Rock...I miss that Firebird...
Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics HillCountryWeekend007

View from a hill above Garner State Park near Concan Texas. That's the Frio River. Great swimming, the water is perfectly clear and COLD year-round.
Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics 800px-Garner_state_park

This is near Leaky (Lake-y) Texas on the "Three Sisters" route.
Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics 2297034250015600326vmwSiU_fs

Last edited by 81X11 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 1:31 am

That yellow over black Trans Am was a 455 with a 4spd. I SO wanted to steal it!!! ; ) It was SO sharp, spotless in and out, looked like a brand new car.

I wish I'd gotten a better pic of that black over black interior 69 Chevelle SS 396 convertible too. It was also a stick and man it was soooo sharp it was painful to look at. Ha!

They had a red 63 Impala SS out back with a 409 in it, bone stock, matching red interior, factory tach.....I think my father was close to getting a loan on his house to buy it. Hahaha! Sadly the pic I took didn't come out...but it was really a cool car.

They had a 65 GTO in the service department. Clean. Love Goats.

I'd live at that place if they'd let me. HA!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:41 am

+1 on the drive in the Hill country. When I was out there in June, I got to drive my wife's RMW out to Marble Falls on 1431 to check out the Longhorn Cavern. Super fun ride up and down and round and round. Considering I live in 2D land here in FL (ionly hills we have are overpasses and garbage dumps) Smile I was a blast.

awesome pics BTW too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 9:53 am

Wait, Sprocket, you found a hill in Florida?

This is news.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:21 pm

i had a 69 orange ss/rs but it had the endura front bumper,
i had a 68 couger xr7 yellow and black,.
i had a 70 charger ,.brown 318 2bbl

of those three cars,. i,d like to have a 70 charger again,.only with modern day updated running gear brakes and steering,.

Nick
checking lottery tickets again,.
ever realise that lotteries are just a tax on the stupid,.
Nick<------ still stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:41 pm

Endura front bumper? What's that?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 2:14 pm

Quote :
Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics WeekendRideHC012

Tron called. He wants his camaro back. Wink

And I am drooling over that yellow bird, too! Wow. More pics of that one PLEASE! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:22 pm

Endura bumper was a metal bumper covered in a rubber-ish plastic and painted body color. Look at the 68-70 GTO front bumper. That's Endura.

Want a better idea? Click this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QmYgpqLlsk
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:24 pm

And yes that green Camaro was a little much.....but then have you seen the NEW green Camaro's......I think they came up with that color on a dare...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGPbZGl4Phw
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:34 pm

Sprocket next time you're in the area let me know. We'll hit the Saturday car show and I'll run you down some other favorite roads.

The Marble Falls run is really good. Fun in the car or on the bike. Once of my favorite Sunday morning rides, and then have breakfast at The Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs. ; )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 1:53 pm

The Synergy Green is an awesome color.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:02 pm

You like it? It's a "heritage" color. Used in 68-69...but rarely. It has a following....there are 2-3 on the local lot.

I guess it reminds me too much of the green Jello my kids eat. ; )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:05 pm

I love it. I mean, it's no Sunset Orange Metallic, but it's damn sharp in person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics   Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texas Hill Country Ride- New Street Dreams Pics
Page 1 of 1