GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

think i broke something.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
datto62073

think i broke something..... Empty
PostSubject: think i broke something.....   think i broke something..... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:09 pm

on Monday, i was driving my 86 and all of a sudden i heard a POP and subsequent thumps.... at first i thought i blew a tire but it wasn't that. its coming from the drivers rear. brakes look ok, although they will need to be done soon, i cant seem to figure it out. i THINK i may have broke an axle, but i am not sure.... i REALLY need to fix this as iam now down to 1 car for 2 drivers. any ideas???
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: think i broke something.....   think i broke something..... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:24 am

Hmmm...odd. Did you jack up the car and spin the wheels. ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: think i broke something.....   think i broke something..... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:43 pm

When you moving the car at a slow speed can you hear as well as feel a POP or odd sound?When I worked at
Goodyear,I was balancing a tire after a flat repair and a belt let go while it was spinning on the balancer.It
made a hell of a loud POP and it was now a junk tire.Had a large bubble the size of a golf ball right in the
middle of the tread.Recheck that tire again.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: think i broke something.....   think i broke something..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

think i broke something.....
Page 1 of 1