GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB rear disc set-up for a B-Body

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Stickman

The Stickman

WTB rear disc set-up for a B-Body Empty
PostSubject: WTB rear disc set-up for a B-Body   WTB rear disc set-up for a B-Body Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:51 pm

I am looking for a rear disc brake set-up for a B-Body 5X5 bolt pattern axle. If anyone has one let me know. My email is Racincouple@earthlink.net
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: WTB rear disc set-up for a B-Body   WTB rear disc set-up for a B-Body Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:53 am

I'm not sure if they will swap over into a boxy but the disc 9C1 rears will swap into the 91-6 wagons, even though they say it can't be done. They are narrower than the wagon rear and will require a small spacer for the wheel.

If that doesn't work... I made my own setup for my 71 Burb using the backing plates/rotors/calipers & e-brake cables from a 79 Caddy Fleetwood Brougham. My suburban has the large flange on the axle tube so I removed the axles and sent them to the machine shop to have the outer flange turned down so the new rotors would fit over them and unbolted the drum backing plates. I cut out the flange part of the drum backing plate and the center of the disc backing plate. Welded suburban backing plate flange to Caddy backing plate and dressed the welds. Bolted on the converted backing plates, installed new seals & bearings in rear, reinstalled cut down axles and from there out it was a std. disc brake brake job using all GM parts. I did make a new line on the rear.
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: WTB rear disc set-up for a B-Body   WTB rear disc set-up for a B-Body Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:55 am

Didn't even think about it but the Caddy rear "might" bolt into your wagon. I'm sure it would have a shitty gear ratio though...
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB rear disc set-up for a B-Body   WTB rear disc set-up for a B-Body Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB rear disc set-up for a B-Body
Page 1 of 1