GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for electric fan set up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WGesnerJr

Looking for electric fan set up Empty
PostSubject: Looking for electric fan set up   Looking for electric fan set up Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 am

Wanting to covert mechanical fan to electric. Anyone got a complete set up?

Need fan, fan motor, bracket, bolts, upper cover, wiring, water pump bolts, relays, fuses, and anything in the fuse box; or as much as possible.

Please let me know how much with shipping to Atlanta, 30044. Willing to trade my good mechanical set for electical also. Currently flushing cooling system and replacing hoses so 90% is off the car now.

Thanks,
Jay
WGesnerJr@aol.com
404-630-0229 cell
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Looking for electric fan set up   Looking for electric fan set up Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:43 pm

WGesnerJr wrote:
Need fan, fan motor, bracket, bolts, upper cover, wiring, water pump bolts, relays, fuses, and anything in the fuse box; or as much as possible.

Thanks,
Jay
WGesnerJr@aol.com
404-630-0229 cell

No you don't. I have the primary fan installed almost a year ago and STILL haven't hooked it up. Just removed the mechanical fan.... and left the bracket cheers

Zero issues so far.
Back to top Go down
WGesnerJr

PostSubject: Re: Looking for electric fan set up   Looking for electric fan set up Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:30 am

Yeah, your probably right and that would get it out of the driveway and running but I would FEEL better if it was there and hooked up. My wife is the primary captain of the that "woodgrained cruise ship" so if I do that and ANYTHING goes wrong, like a tire blow out, I will have to hear it how I do not fix her car the RIGHT way. ( Mad ask me how I know)

I just got a cheap fan and bracket but the bracket has been epoxied; so once it gets here I am going to try and match it up to another GM car in the Junk Yard. Maybe they used the same bracket else where and our parts base might open up a bit. I'm just an eternal optimist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for electric fan set up   Looking for electric fan set up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for electric fan set up
Page 1 of 1