GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!

Go down 
+5
brokecello
81X11
200OZ
DBeaSSt
Taps442
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Taps442

Taps442

Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Empty
PostSubject: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Hello all!
I have been wtaching this site for awhile now--as I have been looking for a black wagon w/ wood delete. I enjoyed watching the comments on my wagon under "HOLY COW in Austin"! Anyways, here's the scoop on the wagon. It had 211 k on it and not 111K as advertised. The A/C is not working, and it has a small dent at the bottom of both front fenders from being dollied to the trans shop. It did have a recently rebuilt trans and 4 new tires on it, with receipts for all. The car has mostly original black paint (the hood has been painted) and is completely rust free! The car runs very nice and rides and handles well. My 23 year old son drove it back from Austin and while passing a semi getting onto the freeway-went 30 to 115 mph in nothing flat! Runs well for an aircraft carrier! I just found a tan leather front seat that had the heaters in them, so I picked it up since mine didnt have heat in them. (I'm hoping this will entice the wife to drive it every once in a while!) I just picked up a P0400 code so I will replace the EGR valve and give the car a good tuneup. Near future plans are to change the exhaust to headers and true duals, maybe go for a nasty sounding cam change, lower the vehicle slightly, change the wheels to something in the 17 or 18 inch arena. I will probably do new springs and shocks, tubular rear lower control arms and different sway bars on the front and rear. I also plan on removing the side trim and the goofy rear spoiler, straighten and repaint the car black, maybe replace the front and rear bumpers with smooth after markets. I looking forward to meeting some new long roof fanatics! This is not my first long roof--I also have owned a 66 Malibu wagon, and 3 1970 Cutlass wagons. The last cutlass I built into a W-31 type wagon, complete w/ stripes, ram-air, and nasty built olds 350. Steve
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Welcome aboard! And congratulations on a hard to find wagon. Let's see some before and after pictures. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Welcome Steve, glad to see another black WB4 car on the forum.

Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Hey Steve I'd LOVE to see the car sometime. Are you in Dallas? I'm up there a lot, my in-laws live there.

Please post pics when you can, and if you want to get our wagons together sometime let me know. I'll be glad to take my 96 up to Big D next time we go. I've finally got my wife to accept riding in mine! Ha!

Congrats on the new toy!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Welcome! Congrats on scoring a sweet black WB4...that is a bucket list wagon for me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Taps442

Taps442

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanx everyone! I probably dont know what I really have--I am pretty sure I personally have not seen a factory black w/ wood delete Buick--although I have seen several that were another color then painted black! I am in the Hurst/Colleyville area about 15 minutes northwest of DFW airport. Now--what is a WB4?! Are there any production figures for these?
Thanks again--Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:24 pm

WB4 is the factory option code for wood delete Roadmasters. Smile
Back to top Go down
Taps442

Taps442

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:33 pm

Ok-then WB4 it is! Thanks!--Steve
Back to top Go down
Taps442

Taps442

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:30 pm

Well, I guess everybody already knows about the compnine VIN site-but I just found it and ran my vin for the WB4--w/all the options it's a 1 of 1! Gee now I may need to rethink removing all the side trim-everything else I want to do to it can be un-done and put back to stock--Hmmmm!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Don't put so much faith in those results, all that means is that whatever week your car was produced, it was the only one with those options. Not for the whole model year (some of those Unknown RPOs signify the week of production). Wink Still a sweet car that's definitely uncommon regardless of what any website says.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Welcome to the group Steve.I was on the phone with William the seller when you were outside looking at the wagon.
He was right about you buying the wagon as he said you got down to his house pretty quickly after the ad broke.
Sounds like you have some great plans for your wagon.Wait until you see Lornejays 2 black beautys as they are a
couple of awesome wagons.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club. Smile

And for what it's worth, these are "true" dual exhaust cars from the factory. Just not a very free-flowing one. Razz
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:03 pm

I,m not talking to you,..
Back to top Go down
Taps442

Taps442

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:22 pm

Toomany toys-well, I just did the engine oil change on it and saw true duals--couldnt believe it! I thought maybe someone had changed it--but, like you said needs a little help in that department! I really like the wheel/stance you haved on the marshmallow-what all did you do to it? And what are you doing for exhaust?--Steve
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:12 pm

welcome to the club and we are picture sluts so you should post some up.Smile
careful, these things are like potato chips.....
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:42 pm

The factory exhaust on these is not too bad, but look out for clogged cat converters.

Mine is stock except I swapped the huge factory mufflers for a set of Flowmaster 40's. I left the resonators on the back so it's still a good quiet trip car, but it sounds awesome when you get on it.

Another tip, take some SOS pad to the exhaust tips. You'll be amazed.

Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! RoadmasterGS004

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:43 pm

Meet Citation Mike - the master of anal retentive (and borderline psychotic) detailing. You will grow to love his image filled posts, and you will find more cars on Craigslist through this forum than you ever thought possible.

And it'll make you wish you had more money.

(We like Citation Mike).
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:25 am

Ah you're all just jealous of my old X-car....

Very Happy

Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! 81X-11Pics019

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:44 am

Dude, nobody's jealous of that car. Wink lol

I have Vogtland springs on it. Same thing as the Hotchkis. Exhaust plans.... Hmmm... Well, there's turbo mufflers and Z28 tips on it now. Should be a lil different in the spring. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:31 pm

welcome to the group...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!   Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another new guy in Texas-AND I got the black RMW w/wood delete in Austin!
Page 1 of 1