GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?

Go down 
+2
toomanytoyz
brokecello
6 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Empty
PostSubject: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:27 am

....has anyone converted a second seat on a TBI wagon? I know the seatback construction is not the same as the LT1 backs.

Is it possible? Might have a set of Bonnies for the OCC, but want to make sure it can be done.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:56 am

Anything is possible, but it will probably require some money spent with an upholsterer...
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 12:33 pm

Bill would know. His seats LOOK like they should win awards!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:21 pm

Ell oh Ell. Hardy harr... Wink
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Aiight. Just as long as this back can come apart and can be fitted Smile Yeah, you are really the Bonnie master Bill! 1st set I ever saw was in your SS I think (Indy)

Here is a peek of what's going in (not till Feb though)

TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  DSC01950

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 8:25 pm

Sweet! Those'll RAWK in there! I love the charcoal cloth!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:35 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Sweet! Those'll RAWK in there! I love the charcoal cloth!

I know!! I am pumped Smile Gotta thank BigOldV8 for those!! He scored all that and a several Blazer overhead consoles at a local Pick'n Pull. I think he has another floor shift console too. I am glad he snagged 'em!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 1:16 am

I have some blazer/bravada consoles as well if anyone needs one. Would love to sell them.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 10:09 pm

ooooo I got a set of those for Ruby Smile traded some grey leather RMS seats for 'em
Back to top Go down
occupant

occupant

PostSubject: Re: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:01 pm

So the sedan seats could be used in a wagon? I imagine they wouldn't fold down as easy in this case?
Back to top Go down
http://mybeaterworld.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:45 pm

occupant wrote:
So the sedan seats could be used in a wagon? I imagine they wouldn't fold down as easy in this case?

yeah do a search on sedan seats. There should be a couple posts outlining how to do it. I have had both the sedan and Bonnnie seats in mine. The sedan seat will fold (with a couple of cinder-blocks) most of the way down. The bonnie seats will not fold at all unless you modify the corners or set up up higher than the stock seat.

I just dropped my Bonnie rear seat off at an upholster to see what he can do with it. Should be my final revision to the rear seats.

Tim
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:00 pm

I will add this...the TBI seats have 2 extra brackets (four 13mm nuts) that hold the rear folding part into the floor. The Bonnie bottom will not fit unless you notch out these brackets or ditch them all together (like I did) If you ditch the 2 brackets, cut off the 4 studs coming up through the floor too. Makes the lower seat fit nicely.

The LT1 rear seatbacks are just easier to work with....easy to take out and modify.

So those with TBI wagons take note! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?    TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TBI Rear Seatback Bonnie install...can it be done?
Page 1 of 1