GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More towing fun today!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

More towing fun today! Empty
PostSubject: More towing fun today!   More towing fun today! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Boy am I getting a lot of use out of my new trailer wiring! And the wagon tows great and gets a lot better gas mileage than the Suburban.

I bought an old Yerf Dog go-cart off Craigslist and my father and I fixed it all up and gave it to my oldest son for Christmas. Today we loaded it on the motorcycle trailer and Mom, Dad, both my kiddo's and I went up to our family hunting ranch in Burnet Texas, up in the hill country about an hour northwest of Austin. Spent the day hitting the trails.

Eddie, my "almost" 9-year old, has been riding 4-wheelers since he was 4. He started off with a little green 110cc model, and moved up to a larger camo model two years ago. We keep both those at the ranch now, along with a 400cc Yamaha for the adults and a Gator for work. Tuck, my 2-year old, is DYING to ride Eddie's little 110 4-wheeler...but we still have a few more years before that happens.

This was the first time Eddie has ridden the Yerf Dog, and he loved it...and it didn't break. Such fun! We spent the day chasing each other around the fields and trails and dodging the cactus.

Today was my last day of vacation. Headed back to work tomorrow (Boo!), but it was a good day!

Thought I'd share pics. Enjoy!

Wagon loaded up at Mom and Dad's place. Yerf Dog fits on the trailer well! Was worried it'd be too long!
More towing fun today! Ranch009
More towing fun today! Ranch010

I think he likes his Santa gift!
More towing fun today! Ranch001

This thing was about 10-years old, and it was a mess when I found it...but it was cheap and it ran. We took it apart, repainted the frame, added decals, pads, waterproof carpet, recovered the seat, replaced a ton of bolts and lubed and greased it all, put on a new belt and on and on. It has a 6hp Tecumseh engine. Neat toy and it came out really well. Projects!
More towing fun today! Ranch005
More towing fun today! Ranch007
More towing fun today! Ranch008
More towing fun today! Ranch002
More towing fun today! Ranch003
More towing fun today! Ranch004

Roadmaster at the family hunting ranch, earning it's keep!
More towing fun today! Ranch011
More towing fun today! Ranch012
More towing fun today! Ranch016

My little boy Tuck on Eddie's 1st 4-wheeler....not yet for you kiddo! ; )
More towing fun today! Ranch015

Eddie on his current 4-wheeler. Still fits him well
More towing fun today! Ranch021

Grandma on Eddie's new toy
More towing fun today! Ranch018

Eddie getting on the Yerf Dog for the first time
More towing fun today! Ranch019
More towing fun today! Ranch020

Trying to catch Eddie, me on the big 4-wheeler. Notice all the catus? It's everywhere up there!
More towing fun today! Ranch022
More towing fun today! Ranch023

Slow down kiddo!
More towing fun today! Ranch024

Chasing Eddie down the trail past the tower deer-stand and into the wheat field
More towing fun today! Ranch025
More towing fun today! Ranch026

I think he likes it...
More towing fun today! Ranch028
More towing fun today! Ranch031
More towing fun today! Ranch032
More towing fun today! Ranch033

Eddie I told you to slow down! But Dad it just goes that fast....grrrrrr
More towing fun today! Ranch030

It sure is fun having kiddos. I get to be a kiddo again.

Have a great week all. Off to bed and back to reality tomorrow! No

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: More towing fun today!   More towing fun today! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:33 am

Cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: More towing fun today!   More towing fun today! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:05 am

Cool. I've never seen such a beast! I diggit! Nice job! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: More towing fun today!   More towing fun today! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:46 am

The guy I got it from added the cover over the engine. It looks like a stove cover. Dad joked if the engine gets hot enough we can cook on the cover. He added it since he said it sat outside, wanted to keep the rain out of the engine. It's a mutt!

Fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: More towing fun today!   More towing fun today! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 am

Party at Mikes ranch! Razz
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: More towing fun today!   More towing fun today! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:12 am

The BBQ trailer will be out there as soon as I "restore" it. ; )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More towing fun today!   More towing fun today! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:15 am

Mike as always great pics and great stories!!!!You are spoiling all of us on this forum with all of your endearing tales of family life and all that it entails.
I hate to rain on your parade but where is the roll cage and seat belt on the "yerf dog"?Its got a very high center of gravity and that cover over the
engine is not helping things.Your son is like all boys that age so speed is a must do thing,so he has something to brag about with his friends.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: More towing fun today!   More towing fun today! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:19 am

That go-cart is actually a lot more stable than his little 4-wheelers. He jumps his 4-wheelers and scares my wife to death. The Yerf-Dog won't do that...thankfully. And he got the full lecture about turning too sharp...but in chasing him around, it seems to be really stable.

We're careful....but yes I wish it had a roll cage like the newer ones do. Fun-Fun

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: More towing fun today!   More towing fun today! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:04 pm

I googled the cross street in your first photo and it's about 5 min from my in-laws....

nice pics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More towing fun today!   More towing fun today! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Mike I am sorry but a simple hoop roolbar would be easy and cheap too.No matter how stable it looks it can be
rolled and unfortunately I have first hand knowledge of what can go wrong on a simple go cart.Your local muffler
shop can bend up a roll bar for a few bucks.Measure it so that there is plenty of extra room for little boys and
their coming growth spurts.A simple seat belt is a must.I wont mention this again but please consider a roll bar
and seat belt as cheap insurance.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More towing fun today!   More towing fun today! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More towing fun today!
Page 1 of 1