GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels Empty
PostSubject: Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels   Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:17 pm

What do you get when you take this:
Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels 007509
Then add it to this?
Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels 007508

You get this!
Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels 007521

Now I realize that this look isn't for everyone but it fits well on an old school look for these wheels. Why did I do this your might ask. Well the price of traditional spider caps is a little out of my price range ($180 for a set of four) for what it is and does and they were not made in a 5X5 pattern when I came up with this idea. Here is what I am talking about if you don't know what I mean.
Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels Spyder-4
Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels Spider-3
Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels C8056_lg

Now doing this is so simple. The 3" chrome bullets have a threaded insert already on the underside and the GM center caps have a hole roughly in the center of them. You simply screw them together and you are done, don't forget the lock-tite and a star washer for good measure.
I also have a set of bullet lug nuts to add to complete the look.
There was some debate on what color to paint the rims after I did this, red, black, silver, white. I chose tan to match the woodgrain of the car, as I don't like them in any other color personally.
Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels 007528

Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels 007527

Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels 007529

To finish it all off I added a slim trim ring. I don't like how most trim rings make the lip and diameter of the rim seem smaller, so I wanted the narrowest trim ring I could find, I think it worked.
Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels 008320

Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels 008322

Next up is to add these:
Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels 101_0148small

Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels 101_0149small
A set of homemade wide whites (thanks again Pat) 235/60R15 for the front and 255/60R15 for the rear. I can't wait to see what they are going to look like on the car. Hopefully they will turn out something similar to this photoshop rendering I did.
Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels WideWhites

You can find the bullets here, you are looking for the 3" base 3" tall bullet.
http://www.go-kat-go.com/steelacbul.html
You can find the trim rings here., yes they are plastic but the finish is great and they lasted 2 German winters and are still in use, somewhere.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10101/s-10101/p-100000189206/mediaCode-ZX/appId-100000189206/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000189206
Back to top Go down
jcg5885

jcg5885

PostSubject: Re: Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels   Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:56 pm

I think that looks great with the wide whites. I was wondering what mine would look like with the wide whites. I have raised white letters, but they are on the inside, so i'd have to pay to get them broken down and remounted. so, it's probably not going to happen, maybe next time i get tires.
Back to top Go down
Tangowagon

Tangowagon

PostSubject: Re: Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels   Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:41 am

These are very cool, the look is great.

I do not think that there are many cars that do not look great with Wide Whites!
Back to top Go down
lonebker

lonebker

PostSubject: Re: Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels   Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:22 pm

veryyyyyyy cool, just mad you thought of it before me. soooo Razz , love the look.

matt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels   Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kustom center caps for truck ralley wheels
Page 1 of 1