GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear End Replacement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dnvrdisc

Rear End Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Rear End Replacement   Rear End Replacement Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:11 pm

I just blew the rear on my 1995 Buick. What other GM vechicles rear would interchange with no modifications? My rear was a positraction unit. Any help would certainly be appreciated, and thanks all.
Bob(dnvrdisc)
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Rear End Replacement   Rear End Replacement Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:57 pm

PM sent.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
dnvrdisc

PostSubject: Re: Rear End Replacement   Rear End Replacement Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:08 pm

Hello again all,
I posted the item on a blown rear in my 1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon. I wondered if there was anyone close to Colorado(zip 80016) who might have a relpacement rear for sale?
I got a reply from a man in New Hampshire who has one at a nice price, but I'm concerned about the distance and the time it might take to get that rear here to Colorado. The car is my daily driver and I'm naturally hoping to get it running as soon as possible. Thank all of you fellow enthusiasts, and let's keep these great longroofs rolling! I get positive remarks from people who see mine everywhere I go!
Thanks again,
Bob(dnvrdisc)
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Rear End Replacement   Rear End Replacement Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 pm

dnvrdisc wrote:
Hello again all,
I posted the item on a blown rear in my 1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon. I wondered if there was anyone close to Colorado(zip 80016) who might have a relpacement rear for sale?
I got a reply from a man in New Hampshire who has one at a nice price, but I'm concerned about the distance and the time it might take to get that rear here to Colorado. The car is my daily driver and I'm naturally hoping to get it running as soon as possible. Thank all of you fellow enthusiasts, and let's keep these great longroofs rolling! I get positive remarks from people who see mine everywhere I go!
Thanks again,
Bob(dnvrdisc)

when some describes the rear end as blown,. thats leaves a lot of room for a better description of the damage,.
In your situation i,d pull the cover sweep out the carnage and see whats broke,. could be as simple a set of spider gears,.a broken axle, or something else easily repairable in/on the vehicle,. changing a whole housing makes no sense to me personally,. it,d be like changing out the rim because the tire is flat,.
likely the cost to repair what you have would be cheaper,.

JMHO,.
Nick
Back to top Go down
dnvrdisc

PostSubject: Re: Rear End Replacement   Rear End Replacement Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Nick,
Thanks for your input, and you're right....kinda' like throwing the baby out with the bath water. I was lucky, however, to get a whole rear from a gentleman through this forum, and the price was much better than if I just had to replace the spider gears, for instance. People on this forum have been great with both advice and replacement parts, and I come here before doing anything on my longroof.
Again, thank you for your input and have a great day!
Bob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear End Replacement   Rear End Replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear End Replacement
Page 1 of 1