GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.

Go down 
+7
Sprocket
lakeffect
BigBlackBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
lornejay1
94Woody
Bewber
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Empty
PostSubject: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:33 am

I spent all weekend at Autorama in Detroit this past weekend. I didn't get a chance to take a pic of Billy the Exterminator, or Jonathan Hilstrand from Deadliest Catch, but I did catch a few.

Here's me with Gene Winfield. An absolute LEGEND in car building and customizing. It was a HUGE honor to finally meet him, and I caught him late on Friday night, so I got to BS with him for about 5 minutes uninterupted, get an autograph, and also a picture. I was stoked!

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Img_2011

I also got pics with some legendary pinstripers that you wouldn't know, but it rocked for me, like my man Ray "El Vago" Smith who was given a lifetime achevement award last year and makes freehand pinstriping look like anyone can do it with their eyes closed. He's so automatic, guys that have been doing it for over 20 years watch him and walk away shaking their heads. He's a legend that other legends call him a legend, and I'm proud to be his friend.

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Img_2013

But by far the biggest celebrity I caught with the camera that I know you'd recognize was none other than Barney (who loves me and was wearing a huge Pat!):

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Img_2012

There were also lots of uber hot rockabilly types of women there with lots of outstanding tattoos, bright red lips, and heaving mounds of clevage, but I didn't get any pictures of them because I was much too busy to even notice them.

I also want to thank Pat for his hospitality and generosity in letting me crash Saturday night with him, which saved me about 2 hours of driving in bad weather.

Thanks for the look,
John

Last edited by Bewber on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:10 am

Damn, Billy the Exterminator is one busy dude. He was down here on Friday at the Custom Auto Show.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 8:02 am

That's awesome John.

Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:19 am

Way cool! It really rocks seeing you have some good luck for a change. Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:37 am

Cool..............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 11:42 am

Woo Hoo Gene Winfield is truly one of the greats.Him and George Barris are the 2 absolute "Best of
the Best".Great that you got to meet him because he has had some health issues and lets face it,
he is not a young man anymore just like the rest of us.Congrats to you for getting to meet yours and mine true greats of the industry.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Bewber wrote:

There were also lots of uber hot women there with lots of outstanding tattoos, bright red lips, and heaving mounds of cleavage, but I didn't get any pictures because I was much too busy....
John

Without pics... it didn't happen!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:16 pm

lakeffect wrote:
Bewber wrote:

There were also lots of uber hot women there with lots of outstanding tattoos, bright red lips, and heaving mounds of cleavage, but I didn't get any pictures because I was much too busy....
John

Without pics... it didn't happen!

EXACTLY! Wink (This isn't my first day of trying to stay married ya know)
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:28 pm

So Pat got those Pics I take it???

mmmmm Bettie Paige

Looks like you had a great time!!!
Back to top Go down
SShiftn6

SShiftn6

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Bewber wrote:
Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Img_2012
...am I the only one thinking Pat showed up in something like this???

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. 562008102154AM_495
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 5:56 pm

actually I showed up driving one of these

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. WMWSU3C52BT182336-1c
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:46 pm

a pair of flamers and no flames,. pffft,.

nick
Back to top Go down
SShiftn6

SShiftn6

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:08 pm

buickestate wrote:
actually I showed up driving one of these

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Wmwsu310
fixt, LOL
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:15 pm

^^^^^^LMAO
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:19 pm

I'd rather ride with the "free candy" guy
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Nice!! Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:00 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
a pair of flamers and no flames,. pffft,.

nick

Oh there were flames.

For those not up to speed. I was part of a group of artists that got to hang out for 3 days at a huge car show and create whatever kind of artwork we specialize in, while learning about the others. There were 125 of us, and every couple hours there was a live auction to sell the things we'd created to raise money for Leader Dogs for the Blind.

This is the first thing I did for the auction. It was my first time using water based paints, color selection was somewhat limited, and there were LOTS of air compressor issues, so it wasn't as cool as I'd hoped - but I wasn't mad about it either. It was just exciting to see lots of hands in the air when the bidding started - instead of the guy BEGGING someone/anyone to bid - and it was awesome to see that someone liked it enough to pay $50 for something I made.

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Img_2011

It's actually metallic yellow with gold outlining, but the yellow washed out the gold unless you held it just right. Live and learn.

The next thing I tried to make for the auction was a mailbox. It didn't work out like I'd rehearsed, and it fought me every step of the way. I finished it, but the volunteer auctioneer had to leave and my pinstriping wasn't dry enough to get it into the last auction.

Anyway, for better or for worse, here's how it ended up looking, which was NOTHING like I had intended.

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Img_2013

It was an awesome time, our 3 day total of sales came to just a tick under $35,000, and I can't wait to go back next year.

No flames? Pfffffft. Please.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Images-2

I see what you did there

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Work_2201524_5_flat550x550075f_the-grinch-christmas-card
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.   Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celebrities that show up at car shows - and some of the artwork I did there.
Page 1 of 1