GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!

Go down 
+7
Nick Danger
1993 Roady-man
BigBlackBeaSSt
phantom 309
DBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
Bewber
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Empty
PostSubject: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:08 am

Hey guys,

So I just completed an art class at U of M and part of the deal there is that you have to save all of your work, then at the end of the semester review them all together as a collection with your teacher. They call it a portfolio review. Well part of the portfolio review is that she goes over all of your stuff and for each student, she selects 1-5 of their strongest pieces that might be "gallery worthy" to be submitted to a jury. The jury then meets up and reviews them all, and from there they hand pick "the best of the best" to be custom matted, framed, and be professionally presented in a downtown Flint gallery during some big fancy art fair/display/extravaganza thing next month.

Anyway, she submitted 5 of my pieces, which I thought was cool, and the jury selected TWO of those pieces for the gallery event, which is pretty cool too.

It's funny how thing's go aint it. A year ago I was getting wrongfully dismissed from the nursing program, everything about life was upside down and sucked hard, and I'd never even heard of making a drawing with charcoal - and 12 months later, I'm very excited about being committed to a career as an artist - which is a better fit for me, I can't get enough of airbrushing, I love drawing with charcoal, and I'm going to have 2 pieces of work (one charcoal and one pencil) hanging in a professional gallery with my name on it for all the world to see - including all of my family.

On a personal note: I get that to most peeps it's not that big of a deal and that Flint, MI isn't a global epicenter of world renowned artists. For as much as I want to play it down too, I can't help but to feel really good about this being another sign from above that THIS is where I need to be. I fought getting kicked out, then I fought some more. Then I continued to fight by 4.0ing 3 more nursing classes, paying for 2 of them out of pocket, just to be able to reapply ASAP. I was denied readmission and felt crushed all over again, but I decided to take this "stupid" art class anyway because it counted as a fine arts credit that I could use to RE-REapply to STILL get back in and show them idiots what was up. At some point though, I realized that I needed to accept that everything happened for a reason, so I "Let go and let God", opened myself to other possibilities, and things just felt "right".

I have no idea what tomorrow will bring, but I'm learning that the heartache of yesterday wasn't an accident and the lemonade I sipped today tastes pretty darn good. Today really was a GOOD FRIDAY, so I thought I'd share.

Peace, love, horsepower, and Happy Easter,

John
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:33 am

That really is awesome, dude! I'm happy for you. I knew things would turn around if you just hung in there, believed in yourself as much as everyone else does, and continued to be yourself. Good things coming your way, broseph. Smile

Happy Easter to you and the whole Zowt crew, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:05 am

Congrats John! Good luck with the display!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:40 am

Hey John a huge congrats on your first gallery diplay.When you are famous in the future,and
everybody wants to be your friend'remember your buddys at the wagon forum.John you look at life in a beautiful way and I sincerely believe that even after all the crap that you have been
thru with the nursing school that you are a fortunate man in so many ways.Never take that
good fortune for granted and you will be just fine.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Seems like a no-brainer to me,.
Career choice #1: Clean out bed pans, wash smelly asses under blankets, clean up blood, vomit,
or
Career choice #2: Create pinstriping and airbrush flameology.

as long as #2 can pay the bills it'll all be good.

Nick
Good things always come to those who deserve them,.
Thats why good things never come my way,.

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:58 pm

Congrats my friend............. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I'll post pics of the pieces once I get them ready for display.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:14 am

Congratsulations Bewber, and you had no idea you had this talent. Now I know what your next career is going to be. Transfer all that talent to the airbrush and don't look back.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:29 am

Haha, thanks. I honestly didn't know, and that's exactly my plan. Alot of what I learned directly applies to airbrushing, and taking both classes at the same time worked out nicely.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:14 am

I know what a big deal it is to be juried into a gallery. Very cool, man.

Your instructor sees people come through his class year after year, and every so often he sees someone with potential. You're the one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 11:11 pm

Way to go man!!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:18 am

Dunno.... cleaning smelly asses has it's merits, unless you think you are stuck getting the shitty end of the deal all of the time.

Seriously, congratulation from Rochester as well John. Your extended family here at the forum are all pulling for you. Just keep focused.

Dave
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:23 pm

Very sweet!!! Congrats Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
BigWagon

BigWagon

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:16 am

Kudos, John. Don't forget to post those images once you have them. I look forward to viewing your work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!   Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got some good news today, some of my artwork will be in a GALLERY soon!
Page 1 of 1