GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!

Go down 
+3
toomanytoyz
lakeffect
brokecello
7 posters
AuthorMessage

MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Empty
PostSubject: MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!   MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:34 am

Morning guys anybody else watching the earthquake on TV.Dont look good for Hawaii and Japan is destroyed.
8.9 on the richter scale highest ever recorded in Japanese history.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!   MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:45 am

Yeah, Im watching the weather channel and Fox. I am supposed to be taking the wife to Cleveland, OH for a seminar today...but the speaker is supposed to be flying in from Coos Bay OR today (which might get hit with water now) and snow is causing a mess on my planned route.

But man, thoughts go out to those in Japan...it looks bad.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!   MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:37 am

Got up at 3:15 am.. cpuldn't sleep, watched the news and say the destruction... catastropic

9:30 am... Looks like Hawaii got spared for the most part. Just passed over, with little in the way of damage reported so far. Maybe Califo0rnia won't he hit to hard. Much of the coast is cliff. Places like Crescent Beach might be a target, because of how the waves would swell up in the shoals as it narrows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!   MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:47 am

Alaska has had some deaths on a small island and lots of flood damage.Parts of California and
Washington are in for some heavy flooding due to 6 to 7 foot waves.Japans problems are only
going to get worse until the aftershocks stop and the flooding subsides.My heart goes out to
the people of Japan and the surrounding areas.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!   MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:52 am

Holy Crap! Really??!!??

I just woke up (another all nighter at work).

Damn. I gotta flip on the news.

That's horrible news. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!   MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:06 am

It's horrible, I had the TV on round 4am for background noise to keep me awake when it came on. Absolutely horrible. If you're a praying person, keep these folks in yours
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!   MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:30 am

I didn't know until I'd been up a while. I got up at 4AM for work, and I had PBS on the TV while I exercised. Just before I turned off the TV, I saw a text crawl about an 8.9 magnitude quake and was startled. I don't live in a big earthquake zone, but I know that 8.9 is huge. I hope that people come out all right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!   MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:31 am

The waves are hitting Cali, OR and WA, hope all our west coast friends are ok.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!   MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:41 am

From the videos it looks like cars and boats and houses were floating around like ducks on a river of mud and debris. There were several vehicles that got got sweep away while moving. along.

8.9 , fifth highest ever recorded since the Richter scale has been in use since around 1900.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!   MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Was listening to this one the way in to work. Scary stuff!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!   MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:01 am

Pray for those people. I cannot imagine what they are going through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!   MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE HITS JAPAN !!
Page 1 of 1