GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AC Not working :(

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

AC Not working :( Empty
PostSubject: AC Not working :(   AC Not working :( Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Despite winter elsewhere, I need my stupid AC running before Daytona....

On my 91 OCC still running R12, the compressor won't kick on. I tested pressure with system off (~45 PSI< kinda low for not running) and found a leaky schraeder valve on the high pressure side. Replaced valves and dumped what R12 would flow in from my 30LB (now lighter) can. Fired the biatch up and the compressor still won't kick on, D@MNIT!!!

Any ideas? Fuse for blower, etc ok and the blower runs but no AC> It was working fine 2 weeks ago Sad

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: AC Not working :(   AC Not working :( Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Did you jump the wires that plug into the pressure cycling switch on the accumulator? Can be done with a paperclip. If the compressure kicks on and starts blowing cold, replace the switch, less than $20 at any auto parts store.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC Not working :(   AC Not working :( Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Compressor wont engage because it is protecting itself from destruction.You have to unplug the lead that connects to the accumulator/dryer and jump the 2 connections.Pretty sure you didnt
put any freon in because if the compressor is not running you are not charging the system.I
have to charge mine every spring due to leakage.Even broke down and bought the fancy hose
and gauge package just like the real machanics use.
Planning on charging mine tomorrow as well but you can buy the very effiecent charging hose
gauge and trigger all in one from Advance/Auto Zone for about $25 bucks.
Bset of Luck and Wear Eye Protection
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: AC Not working :(   AC Not working :( Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:12 pm

that's all fine and well, but If I have a 30lb can attached with the valves open, it should kick on as I've done this before....I will try to jump it to see if it's a bad switch, I know the system is lacking proper pressure as I replaced both schrader valves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC Not working :(   AC Not working :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC Not working :(
Page 1 of 1