GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Speedometer not working

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Limited1

Limited1

Speedometer not working Empty
PostSubject: Speedometer not working   Speedometer not working Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:31 pm

95 RMW, Speedometer stopped working suddenly. Code 97 (VSS output circuit) shows up. Here is what is strange: The car still shifts fine and the torque convertor locks at the proper speed. I would think the car would not be able to shift properly and the TCC wouldn't be able to lock without the VSS. When I put the HVAC is in diagnostic mode it appears the correct speed is shown on the HVAC display. I thought it might be the cluster so I put in another known good cluster and the same thing...speedo sits on zero. Temp and gas gauge are working fine. I just took the car up the drugstore, speedo was working fine, cruise was able to set. On my way back, speedo on zero, the slowly rises up to speed but I was already going a constant 35mph. Cruise wouldn't engage. Any help is appreciated.
Back to top Go down

Speedometer not working
Page 1 of 1