GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nick motivated me

Go down 
+5
94Woody
jayoldschool
phantom 309
81X11
lornejay1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lornejay1

lornejay1

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Well I guess it is oficial,I live in the armpit of the world since we are the last to have the snow melt.

So after seeing Nick haul his wagons out,Today I felt the need to get the Roadmaster out.

Still lots of snow

Nick motivated me Buick005

Forgive me for sounding arrogant,I am simply even more impressed than last year.I guess I took the time today to really give it a good look.

Look close and you will see the paper that comes on the washer tank,is still there,unbelievable.I have not touched this motor area since Mike last did.

Nick motivated me Buick007

I have every document from the dealer from when it was purchased with 8 miles on it.

This was written by the origional owner. I love #2 where he says the sound cannot be turned up by the dealer for the signal tone.

After I read all the notes he wrote,I called his Daughter who sold the car to Mike when her Dad passed away. I wasn't able to talk to her,but I did talk to her Husband. He was suprised and really appreciated me telling him where the car was. He told me his late Father in Law was an accountant and thats why everything is so well documented.

Nick motivated me Buick013

Look at this thing,I am so impressed.

Nick motivated me Buick019

I have floor mats over the origional floor mats

Nick motivated me Buick020

I had to sneak it home for supper,couldn't resist

Nick motivated me Buick017

Amy dropped by,Her old English Sheep Dog and our little Westie

Nick motivated me Buick010

So after Supper I took it back to the Funeral Home and took some parts out I kept in it over the winter.

Thats a rare Canadian Z cluster Folks,for my caprice. SS springs also for the Caprice. Gary set it at 10000 KMs which is like I said about 6000 in miles since the Motor was done in 05.

Nick motivated me Buick024

Spent the evening in my favourite spot,my wash garage,on my favourite couch

Nick motivated me Buick026

This couch and me go way back, here I am in 1987 when it was in the Funeral Home,I had just sold my Trans Am and the guys snapped this pic,boy I was sick.

Nick motivated me Lornesad

So tonite I had my car on the left,

Nick motivated me Buick027

I was Horizontal on the couch ,watching my favourite Movie,Shawshank Redemptiom,

"get busy living,or get busy Dying"

Nick motivated me Buick025

I remembered parking the wagon in the yard there last summer.

Nick motivated me Lorne554-1

So thanks Nick,I had a good day.

Tomorrow I have an appointment at the dealer for service,and I can honestly say I have a new appreciation for this car. It is pretty special,and I just thought I would share. Hopefully it has a long life.

Lorne

Last edited by lornejay1 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : vin#)
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:23 pm

Great pics! That's still my favorite wagon on here, period.

Oh and I have my credit card key too. You slide the key out enough to open the door, and then slid it back in and put it back in your wallet. The key never comes fully out of the card.

My card has a lot more "wallet wear" on it than yours does though.

AWESOME car!

And I SO want to get Camaro gauges for my car....but I keep having to FIX things. Ha!

Keep the pics coming Lorne! Love um!
Back to top Go down

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:24 pm

You sir have every right to sound arogant with such a beautiful wagon in your garage.Please
feel free to gloat and feel superior to everybody on the planet except other wagon owners.
We need more pics please.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks you two,thats quite a statement Mike considering all tha nice wagons that are here.

Thanks for the explanation on the key holder,makes sense now to a dummy like me.

There are tons of pics of this car on here,I wasn't meaning to post about it again,i was simply more apprecaitive of it today when I really sized it up. This really is a time capsule.

But to make Mike aka snap shot,and Mr Polite himself Jim happy,here are some of it last summer.

I know you didn't see these, Pretty bad when the Downtown bisiness assoc calls the local Funeral Home and asks if he will bring his wagons down for a show.

No plates on either of them Wink

Nick motivated me Lorne711

Nick motivated me Lorne723

My buddys jewel. Trailer queen but was in his family for years. He never brings it out,so we had a laugh when we saw each other.

If grandpaw could see it now.

Nick motivated me Lorne717

Love them boots

Nick motivated me Lorne715
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:29 am

That looks like a really good show. I saw a G-body Grand Prix in the background. Still love those and miss mine.

Your wagons of course look gorgeous!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 am

jeez,. i should just scrap my two junkers, Crying or Very sad .or at least try and convert the base model stickshift car to automatic,.

nick

Last edited by phantom 309 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:49 am

Yea Mike that GP is a one owner I think. No console,no t roof ugly color but it got in the way of a few pictures.

This is my good friend Jeff's. If I was smart I would buy a nice Rod and travel with them,they have a ball and these are great drivers. Most I want are over 50 thousand and Marge wants a motor home first.

Nick motivated me Lorne714

In the background over my buick you will see a C4 vette hood open.

It is really clean and he was a pallbearer this winter. At that Funeral he came up to me and wanted to get a raisseintake like mine. I thought he had a b body and then he said he was the vette owner and saw mine that nite. I had to tell him he already has what I had to pay big bucks for.I think he just wants the big filter look.

I usually tend to stay away from these events locally.

For every one person who likes seeing my wagons,5 are muttering under their breath about me souping up hearses. Small town minds,such fun as you say.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:58 am

phantom 309 wrote:
jeez,. i should just scrap my two junkers,.or at least try and convert the base model stickshift car to automatic,.

nick

Not quite sure ,so I will say,HUH...?

You would have laughed Nick when I showed Marge the shifter on your bench seat wagon tonite.

I told her thats what mine will look like whan I get it in.

God love her,she was polite,but the look on her face said it all. scratch
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:06 am

That's a bummer, I always get good comments on my wagon at shows...but I get some giggles too.

As for the GP, I had a really pretty dark blue over tan cloth '85 Grand Prix LE in the late 90's. I miss it a lot. 305 Chevy, buckets, floor shift, full gauges with a tach.

Pretty much bone stock with the exception of an FM-modulated CD changer hidden in the trunk and new speakers in the stock locations. I added a DynoMax Monte Carlo SS cat-back dual exhaust system, and I installed 15-inch Pontiac Rally II mags in place of the little 14-inches, and used the smooth 70's-vintage arrowhead center caps in place of the clunky-looking GP centers.

I MISS that car a lot. The only thing I didn't like was it had a tan vinyl landau roof. Those are so stupid, and it did not have T-tops or a sunroof. I still think the GP's had the sharpest dash design of all the G-bodies, including the Grand Nationals.

That GP was stolen from my apartment parking lot on April 1, 1996. I went out to go to work, and I was SURE it was a co-worker playing a trick on me. Turns out it was really stolen, but amazingly it was recovered a week later.

The theif had driven it about 30 miles out into the country and had taken it off road "mudding" and gotten it stuck in a field. When I got it back I had to replace the steering column, and I put the car on the lift at work and spent a full night scraping mud out of the frame and undercarriage.

The cops said I was lucky, in most cases it's kids joyriding, and they run the cars all through the woods and end up bashing them into trees until they won't go anymore or dumping them in one of the many lakes out there. Amazing.

I had the car nearly perfect when I sold it.....to buy my white 81 Citation X-11....let the laughter begin here....(It was freaking PERFECT! Could not pass it up!)

I sold that GP to one of my techs at the shop, Pablo, aka "The Hispanic Mechanic"...his term, not mine....it was painted on his toolbox. Ha! He of course put big chrome wheels on it and last I heard it ended up in Laredo. Poor car.

Such fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:53 am

You posted your VIN... again...
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:33 pm

So what, it's readily visible through the windshield for the entire world to see.
Back to top Go down

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Fair point he makes.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Oh man, those pics reminded me how gorgeous that car is Lorne. Hope to see it in person someday.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Lorne knows. I don't need to elaborate. PM me if you need to know why.

Jason.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:18 pm

As always...great to see your story posts and pics. Loved the engine shot, that is one sweet wagon!! (glad you kept it and the Caprice)

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Lorne, I have been meaning to tell you...

I found a "presidential" roof 95/6 limo. Want me to check into it for you?
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:46 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Lorne, I have been meaning to tell you...

I found a "presidential" roof 95/6 limo. Want me to check into it for you?

Yup, always looking for a deal. Has to be Black Wink

Frame connectors are weak spot,and around the paddded roof at the rear is where they start to go.

The coachbuilders don't treat the metal when they cut them up and they rust out under the roof.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:55 pm

Yeah, I'm always envious of your cars. I don't have the stamina to put anywhere near that much work into mine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
lornejay1

lornejay1

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:25 pm

Nick Danger wrote:
Yeah, I'm always envious of your cars. I don't have the stamina to put anywhere near that much work into mine.

Well it works both ways Nick.

I read about all the work everyone here does themselves on these cars and wouldn't dream of doing anything on cars beyond adding fuel and checking fluids.

I always tell the staff it isn't about cleaning the car,it is about keeping the car clean.

This business is all visual, Here are some pics of the house of sadness for anyone who has never seen them.

Nick motivated me Frontroom

Nick motivated me Hall
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Offices are upstairs

Nick motivated me Stairs

Nick motivated me Office

Nick motivated me Myoffice

I take life pretty serious

Nick motivated me Lorne-1
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Yep, it's black. Looks mint, too. I'll bring the camera tomorrow and see if I can get past the fence!
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:41 am

lornejay1 wrote:

I read about all the work everyone here does themselves on these cars and wouldn't dream of doing anything on cars beyond adding fuel and checking fluids.
I always tell the staff it isn't about cleaning the car,it is about keeping the car clean.
If I could write it off as a business expense I wouldn't be doing it either. Great looking wagons.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:33 am

Thanks Jason,

After reading what I said, I need to clarify that I wouldn't work on them because of my inability to. I admire those of you that can.

I could pay someone to wash them as well,but thats my therapy.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:19 am

Hah, we have the same chairs:

Nick motivated me Hall
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:12 am

jayoldschool wrote:
Lorne knows. I don't need to elaborate. PM me if you need to know why.

Jason.

I already know. People are terrified that someone will grab the vin and run to the dealer for a set of keys. I got a set of keys for mine last year and it was a pain in the ass. If someone wants to go through that much trouble to steal a station wagon, they can have mine. If not that it's some other mystical reason that doesn't really bother me. Much like posting a picture of a license plate.

Back on topic....Great pics Lorne, you have hands down the most beautiful Buick Wagon on earth Smile
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:17 am

I will have chrome Impala wheels for mine sooner or later. Those look AWESOME Lorne. Drool-Drool!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:53 pm

lornejay1 wrote:
I take life pretty serious
 Nick motivated me Lornesad

Nick motivated me Lorne-1
Hmmmm,. amazing what a few years and a bit of ice cream will do eh?

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nick motivated me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick motivated me    Nick motivated me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nick motivated me
Page 1 of 1