GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought! Empty
PostSubject: Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought!   Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:37 pm

OK guys,

Tonight, I won 4 seperate auctions that were each for an old mini-bike gas tank. None are mint, but I figure they'll give me something to practice doing flames on as small, portable examples of my work that can also be used for displays if I ever get to that point. Or I could just fixum up and ebay them depending on what they are and what they're worth. Both of which I haven't a clue, so here we are.

I know some look rough, but keep in mind that they are each small enough to fit inside my sandblasting cabinet, and I know how to sling bondo with the best of them. I didn't buy them because they are cool. I bought them because I think I can MAKE them cool.

The auction descriptions were vague at best, so if anybody here can help identify what year/make/model these are - I'd be really appreciative.

#1. sold as "Vintage Honda Smaller Mini Bike or 80 Gas Tank" and I paid $12.
[url=https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/javascript:largerimage('16', '1302491472')]Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought! Coop%20X%20Sale%20864%201230%20184[/url]

#2. Sold as "Vintage Honda Motorcycle Gas Tank" and I paid $16.
[url=https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/javascript:largerimage('16', '1302491410')]Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought! Coop%20X%20Sale%20864%201230%20183[/url]

#3. Described as "Vintage yellow Motorcycle Gas Tank - Smaller - 80cc? - with Petcock" and I paid $14.
[url=https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/javascript:largerimage('16', '1302491643')]Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought! Coop%20X%20Sale%20864%201230%20187[/url]

#4. Described as "Vintage Kawasaki Motorcycle Gas Tank" and I paid $6.
[url=https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/javascript:largerimage('16', '1302491741')]Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought! Coop%20X%20Sale%20864%201230%20189[/url]

I don't really need/want them ALL, but the dang place is 2+ hours away, so if I'm going - I might as well do some buying and make the trip worth my while....

..... which is why I also bought this brand new in the box, complete set of VDO gauges - for only $50. These will be ebayed soon and cover my gas and food for the trip - and hopefully make the tanks be free.
[url=https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/javascript:largerimage('16', '1302531971')]Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought! Coop%20X%20Sale%20864%201230%20280[/url]

Anyway, if you can help me identify that junk so that I can better understand the values when deciding which ones to mess with, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

John
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought!   Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Pretty cool! I've still got a 71 Honda CT "Trail 90". Love the old bikes but not much help with what you got, other than to say it looks neat!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought!   Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:16 pm

I bought and sold a couple 50's over the years, and I know those parts sell pretty good. I just don't know about that oddball one or the kawasaki one. I don't want to strip and bastardize some poor dude's "holy grail" part and cost myself a bunch of money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought!   Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there anybody here that's into old minibikes? Need halp identifying some "treasures" I bought!
Page 1 of 1