GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Empty
PostSubject: WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces   WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Looking for the left and right woodgrain trim pieces that go around the corner markers. Woodgrain condition not important as they will be stripped.

WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces 0d8701b3-1
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces   WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:43 pm

I have a whole box of the woodgrain trim. It has almost all of the parts, but may be missing some pins/clips. $50 shipped.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces   WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:13 pm

Not to undercut Fred but I pay no more than $5 each for these at the yards. I'll nab a pair next time I go. They're common down here.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces   WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:15 pm

Oh and I will trade straight up for unbroken drivers door panel trim piece with speaker. 94-96 Roady. Don't care what color!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces   WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:04 am

There are 13 pieces...at $5 each that is $65, and I am selling the whole box shipped for $50.

I might have a DS panel with the speaker. I think it is tan. If I remember correctly, it has a small crack where the handle goes through. I have not tested the speaker. $25 shipped.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces   WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:05 am

They ALL have that crack there.....WHY? I'll keep looking. Sonner or later I'll find one.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces   WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:20 am

They are cracked because most people do not have the patience to remove them carefully, so they force them, and they break, just like all the other parts I see broken at the junk yards.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces   WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Thanks Fred, but I don't need a whole set. Chances are i'll be pulling all mine off and filling the studs before long anyways, I just wanted to try something with the nose pieces first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces   WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:32 pm

How does this come off of the car? There's a woody Caprice in my local yard about 5 minutes up the road. If I can run by there this week I'll snag them for you and box for free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces   WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:49 pm

Curious as to how hard it would be to remove the studs that the trim pieces are attached too?
Are the studs glued or welded to the front fender and doors?
Thanks
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces   WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:20 am

They are welded. I used a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel like a grinder. It left the least amount of filling and sanding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces   WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB Woodgrain Trim Pieces
Page 1 of 1